How much are my coins worth?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Coinattic_Hunter69 S, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Coinattic_Hunter69 S Full Fledged Optimist

I acquired these coins from a good friend of mines who is also the proud owner of a 1909 V.D.B, 1922 no D", and the infamous class 1 1955 dbldie. some Colonials Escudos and Reales. I believe this is the reason why he so giving factoring these were given to me free of charge. This was about some 2 years ago just a month or 2 shortly before I started my quest in coin hunting.

So, I was wondering how much the coins are truly worth in the local market? I have The Red Book 2016 69th edition the 2015 Coins and Prices 24th edition but I'm aware the valued listed in both books does but mostly not apply to the local market?

I am not expecting a big pay out from all this just want to find out the true value some of my coins hold in the local market.

So, my question is to those who have experienced in consumer retailing and purchasing coinage? Your thoughts will be appreciated, thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You should of posted this thread in the US Coins Forum not the Error Coins Forum :confused:

4. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

US Coins you're "partially" correct its understandable you may not see it unless you are familiar with "error mintage" and "Die varietie" coins. So, as long "Die varieties" are still in active under forums of "error" I believe I'm posted correct unless otherwise. Thank you, very much...

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

The 1922 D (if that is what it is, hard to see) is the only one of any value.

The others?

Minimal.

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

What are these 'varieties' you speak of? You didn't mention them in your original post.

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Im apologize I should have been more specific. I believe no I'm sure 2 of the 4 dates + 1936, 1917, 1970, not 100% sure if 1922 (may or not) are varieties.

8. rickmp

You should have asked that question to begin with.
    Or were you looking for a reason to tell everyone else that they know nothing?

9. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

The
    1922 is a "weak D" mint in dollar value how much would one expect in return. Also what about 1936, 1917? It would help to know for future reference when dealing with haggard and low ballers..

A little off topic but if I may ask" I was offered a 1912 D, 1914 D Lincoln wheat for the price of 30 dollars each. What I want to know is this a win deal or lose?

10. rickmp

Why ask us? You've already told us we know nothing?

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Oh man you made me laugh so hard my coffee almost came out of my nostrils...I really do believe I know what varieties and errors are... Thanks for the laugh! and good luck!

12. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Honestly, I should have been more specific in listing.

Answer, to your 2nd question. Negative, I am not educated in that tradition.

I oppose those who are and them who practice in deception..

13. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

14. Coinattic_Hunter69 S

Not true. I never said that.

15. rickmp

16. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Without seeing the reverse, $20.00. Tops.

17. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I must agree, open mouth and insert foot. I hate these "know it all types" who come on here and ask a question, only to have their set opinion... why waste our time then?

My question for you (the OP) is, give me one good reason why I shouldn't put you on my ignore/block list?

18. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

Worth nothing like your whole collection edit rules!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted