How many would fall for this?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JeffC, May 18, 2021.

1. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. manny9655

4. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

manny9655 likes this.
  5. manny9655

I was hoping to find a street address but all I see is a P. O. Box in Massillon, OH. Too bad. I would have checked out the street address if they had listed one. Like I said, they're practically in my back yard. I know Massillon like the back of my hand.

JeffC likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Papayas & Pineapples

7. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Isn’t using the USPS to commit fraud a federal crime?

8. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Wow! That's crazy!

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

(I'm not a JW) My former bell-ringer JW just moved down to San Diego and called me to let me know he moved!!!

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Prunes?

11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Marketing isn't a prosecutable crime. I'm sure this ad is carefully crafted so that it can be interpreted as literal truth.

JeffC likes this.
  12. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

My local paper was running that ad a while back. :facepalm::vomit:

13. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

She was "executive advisor to the Lincoln Treasury"?

:)

14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

OTE="Boosbuddy, post: 7599703, member: 109226"]Isn’t using the USPS to commit fraud a federal crime?[/QUOTE]
    Sure is, but exactly what fraud is being committed here?

As long as the bags weigh 3 pounds and contain at least some of the coins they mention, and they actually deliver the same, then you got exactly what they promised you. Frankly they could include one of each type of coin they mention and then make up the balance of the 3 pounds with wheat cents and they would still be selling them for almost 10 times the actual value, but there is NO fraud in that.

They don't make any claims that the coins in the bags are actually worth as much or more than what they are charging. They are telling you they will sell you those coins for $980 and then they do it. There is no fraud in offering to sell you something for more than what you can get it for elsewhere. You may be being "cheated", but there is no fraud.

15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

@JeffC, save it as a relic. I'm serious. Keep it in good condition. This isn't some street hustle, just look at the extremes it goes to. And yet, at the same time--starting of with that return label and envelope seal, before you even open it--it's sooooo corny, it's got to be worth something down the road!

JeffC likes this.
  16. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

"So, to make sure you get everything you're entitled to....." LOL! Reality check: "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is".

That mail would have went straight into my freshly oiled Oliver North within the first minute of being opened, like all bulk junk mail does when it comes to my mail box.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  17. VistaCruiser69

LOL, I can still hear when he says "But you don't get these benefits a-u-t-o-m-a-tic.........ly." Well before his insurance gig, the last time I saw Namath on tv was when I was about 10 years old watching reruns of The Brady Bunch.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    derkerlegand likes this.
  18. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

VistaCruiser69 likes this.
  19. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Another hustle to fool the grandmother's who watch Mike Mezack! :D

20. VistaCruiser69

LOL, I thought those were chick legs for a bit there. Obviously they threw in the chick at the end just so everyone knew exactly what team he was playing on.

21. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

many people when they get things like this $$$$$ goes though their heads, easy money they think but all they get is parted with their cash, it appeals to human greed and the scammers know this and prey on that weak point

Draft saved Draft deleted