How many wheat pennies do you have?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dilly dollar, Apr 19, 2015.

1. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Well I glanced through the responses and I did not see this answer - I have 0. :)

But I do have quite a few of these:
    [​IMG]

And a whole bunch of these:

[​IMG]

Now why do I have 0? They are cents not pennies. :) What is really funny about this is on another forum I was saying the opposite. :)

coinman1234 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jacnum7

Jacnum7 Active Member

I have about 20,000+ wheaties. I have one full Dansco missing only the 1922 no D and I just sold another Dansco missing just two or three keys. Many of my wheaties are in tubes but lots are loose.

4. Steve BEaudry

Steve BEaudry New Member

Hello DIlly,
    I don't think I have 100,000 like cylii (that would be $1,000 face value) and a lot of good copper. I started collecting in 2nd grade, Mr. Savage's class, and she would send us to the cafeteria every afternoon (this was 1961, the year before President Kennedy was assassinated, and every roll was wheat backs. We pulled out the Indians and 1930's, the steel pennies, etc. and got hooked. I bought about 10 "unsearched " wheat bags (50,000 pennies total) in the 70's and was very impressed with a few of them. I pulled a maximum of ten rolls of every date and mint mark, found an uncirculated roll of 1937-P and started Collecting mint rolls from the bank in the 80's. That was a little disappointing, since I look back at all the Mint State clad coins I put away in the 80's and they are all horribly spotted. I'll bet I have 75-80,000 wheaties all sorted by date. I built a whole room to hold them all. My "first string" set of 09-39 is only missing the SVDB and 14-D, and is about one third UNC. I'd say about all of my first 40-59 set are Uncirculated. I love them, as I see you do. I had a coin shop in Texas for four years and amassed a huge amount of foreign coins, and hope to put my grandson through college with them.

Dilly dollar and BostonMike like this.
  5. Steve BEaudry

Steve BEaudry New Member

Hello DIlly,
    I don't think I have 100,000 like cylii (that would be $1,000 face value) and a lot of good copper. I started collecting in 2nd grade, Mr. Savage's class, and she would send us to the cafeteria every afternoon (this was 1961, the year before President Kennedy was assassinated, and every roll was wheat backs. We pulled out the Indians and 1930's, the steel pennies, etc. and got hooked. I bought about 10 "unsearched " wheat bags (50,000 pennies total) in the 70's and was very impressed with a few of them. I pulled a maximum of ten rolls of every date and mint mark, found an uncirculated roll of 1937-P and started Collecting mint rolls from the bank in the 80's. That was a little disappointing, since I look back at all the Mint State clad coins I put away in the 80's and they are all horribly spotted. I'll bet I have 75-80,000 wheaties all sorted by date. I built a whole room to hold them all. My "first string" set of 09-39 is only missing the SVDB and 14-D, and is about one third UNC. I'd say about all of my first 40-59 set are Uncirculated. I love them, as I see you do. I had a coin shop in Texas for four years and amassed a huge amount of foreign coins, and hope to put my grandson through college with them.

6. jonny oneal

jonny oneal Member

7. Steve BEaudry

Steve BEaudry New Member

Hello DIlly,

8. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

1911 and 1913

1911mpl.jpg 1913 MPL3.jpg 1913 MPL REV3.jpg

9. Dilly dollar

Dilly dollar Active Member

10. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

I need to update my post on this subject. Just added the 2015 P, D, and S to my set, so I'm at 144 now.

11. Dilly dollar

Dilly dollar Active Member

12. coindudeonebay

coindudeonebay SMS Guru

I have several thousand for the explicit purpose to allow YN's to go through them to fill out albums. It's fun for them and hopefully I'll create at least one long time collector. If you've never done this, give it a shot.

13. Gunmetal

Gunmetal Member

I've only found 32 in circulation (I have 35 in total when my steel cents are counted). The 32nd one I found yesterday on a driveway, it's a 1949 P. Unfortunately the obverse side is pretty scratched up. :(

Earliest one I have is a 1925 P.

I might give roll searching a try soon, maybe I'll find some more.

14. broke baby

broke baby New Member

I have west penny's need to sell them 34 of them

15. broke baby

broke baby New Member

I have west penny's need to sell them 34 of them

16. broke baby

broke baby New Member

I have [Edit - no sales in this forum]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
  17. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I have about 5,000 wheat's in my collection.

18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

19. 05Wildcats

05Wildcats Well-Known Member

I buy wheat cents weekly to search. I have found several key dates over the years. I did not sell my rejects fast enough and have at least 100k stored in my garage.

20. retiredcopper

retiredcopper New Member

I still love wheaties. I have at least 250 thousand.

21. Jerry Curtis

Jerry Curtis Member

1282 Wheat pennies in my collection.

Draft saved Draft deleted