How many members here have their own website for ancients?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by icerain, Jul 23, 2016.

1. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Whether its educational or just for fun. I know several members have their own site, members like John Anthony, Dougsmit, TIF and a few others to name a few. I feel its pretty fun and try to keep up with my own tiny site.

And in a way its almost like keeping a database of what you have. It may also be useful for the members that keep their collection in a SDB. They won't have to run there just to look at their coins.

Anyway, just wondering, and if anyone wants to share their's please go ahead.

oh here is mine in case anyone wants to look

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Nice! Neat layout, great pics. I assume the World Coins section is a work in progress? I don't get anything when I click on it.

icerain likes this.
  4. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Yeah, I'm trying to pick the interesting coins in my collection instead of the cheapies.

5. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Why not all, including "cheapies"? Americans think 200 years is an old coin. Your "cheapies" can be 2000 or older years. That is cool history!

LOL, of course I do do not have a site...........yet.

Smojo and icerain like this.
  6. David@PCC

David@PCC allcoinage.com

Nice one icerain. Here is mine.

7. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

i recognize many of those pics as posted recently, you've been on a roll lately IR!

icerain likes this.
  8. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

i like you coins by mint map!

9. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

I have a website that has pictures of my entire collection(at least those coins that I currently plan to keep) along with various historical and numismatic notes at: Gallery.ResPublicaCoins.com - there's also a blog at ResPublicaCoins.com but is not currently used much, though I plan to add a few book reviews and other things related to Republican numismatics at some point.

Pishpash, Johndakerftw and icerain like this.
  10. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

I would but I'm been cheap myself lol. Using the free site for now, I don't want to upload too many coins too quickly. Not sure how many images they're letting me upload for free.

Yeah, I got to slow down though. I'm supposed to be saving during the summer since I'm on vacation. :D

Alegandron likes this.
  11. rrdenarius

rrdenarius non omnibus dormio Supporter

I agree David PCC. Yours is good too. Mine is a blog I started several years ago and post to at times.
    http://rrdenarius.blogspot.com/

12. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Cool sites David, RedSpork and rrdenarius. Going to bookmark them to my list.

13. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I started one with the help of TIF about three years ago, but I haven't done anything with it for a long time. Perhaps I will start back on it with this thread as a little prod.

icerain likes this.
  14. Net-Steals

Net-Steals New Member

I have the business website for banknotes, if anyone's interested, pm me. For I don't think this site allows me to advertise yet, though my post count went past 10... :(

15. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Pishpash, Johndakerftw and icerain like this.
  16. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Welcome @Net-Steals. Do you collect Ancients as well as banknotes?

17. Alegandron

Appears not iPad friendly. Ok, will use PC later...

18. Net-Steals

Net-Steals New Member

I used to collect coins, but later I lost interest on it, so I am statting to sell them on my new auction site. I focus more on UNC world banknotes these days for hobby and business.

19. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Banknotes are fine, I collect them too. But there is only so much I can collect at one time. If I focus on one thing, I have to stop another doing both at once will kill my bank account.

TIF and Alegandron like this.
  20. Alegandron

I have hundreds of banknotes from my travels over the years, but don't collect them. Just set them aside. Same with about 20lbs of world coins and tokens from my travels. They reside in a large glass container as momentos of travel.

All everyday currency from their time. Unfortunately, the Euro made several obsolete, or SEZ areas became reabsorbed.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    icerain likes this.
  21. Net-Steals

Net-Steals New Member

So true. Well, banknotes are tend to be more costly on the average overy coins, unless if you are focusing on super rare ancient coins only. I DID spent a LOT in buying banknotes in several years time, but there are still tons of notes I want, but I just can't afford...

Draft saved Draft deleted