How many members do you follow?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Insider, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

At the moment, I follow 29 members and 2 moderators. Is that considered excessive?

I follow some of them for good info :bookworm::); others to watch :watching: what they are posting. :D

How many members do you follow?

UPDATE: One person I follow is following 147 members. Guess who? Wonder if that is a good thing or not. I may be on his "watch list." :nailbiting::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I don't know how many I follow.. But guess what?
    I just started following you! :watching:

Garlicus and Endeavor like this.
  4. Insider

Gotcha! :D

You're late to the party. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Guess what, your profile is one of the "restricted" ones I started a thread about last week:
    "Our CT Profile...What Gives?"

Are you ever going to "come-out?" ;)

PS That flippin' coin drives me crazy. Take this: :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::happy:

EDIT: When I posted this reply I originally thought I had been following you for over a year but I was mistaken! :facepalm::eggface: My loss. :bigtears::(

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    paddyman98 likes this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I don't follow anybody using the XenForo follow function, but there are certainly some members I pay attention to more than others. (Congratulations. :))

Garlicus likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I changed it once and I was told to go back to it! Others really like it :rolleyes:
    I was thinking of this as a new icon but it just might start trouble!
    24c943d5756a4b3e_256x256.png

dwhiz likes this.
  7. Insider

I like the flipper too...I was joking.

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. -jeffB

I'm one of the ones who bugs people about animated profile icons. They can be cute, but they're really distracting, especially when there are several of them in the Recent Topics list.

Human eyes are drawn to motion, and dragging people's eyes away from actual content is generally a bad thing. Even if you do stay focused on the content, ignoring movement in your peripheral vision can cause stress.

So, they're not only a bad thing in my opinion, they're a bad thing in my Professional Opinion®. :rolleyes: ;)

9. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

I don't follow anyone.
    I follow threads.
    But there are several people whose opinions I respect that show up often in the threads that catch my interest.

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

When you're standing in the middle of a large group of people, do you try to listen to every conversation that is taking place at the same time?

Chris;)

11. cpm9ball

I started following someone once, but then I got a TRO.

Chris

12. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I don't follow anyone because I forge my own path, and I wish there was a way for me to block people from following me because I think that is rather creepy.

13. -jeffB

When you're standing in the middle of a large group of people, lots of them talking, can you honestly say that doesn't make it any harder for you to follow a single conversation?

Personally, I try to spend as little time as possible in large groups of people, partly because it's stressful. I have a harder time than most people tuning out distractions, but that doesn't mean those distractions aren't a problem for "normal" people too.

14. Insider

Thanks for your professional opinion. Are you an eye doctor or something? While I agree it is distracting I STILL LIKE IT and got over it. Members are very lucky I don't know how to do it. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

dwhiz likes this.
  15. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I don't follow anyone

16. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

How exactly do you mean "follow"? If you mean in this software, none, although I see I have 7 followers. If you mean in the "unmarked black SUV with heavy tint on the windows" sense of meaning, that will have to remain confidential. :eek::D:D:hilarious::hilarious:

charlietig, dwhiz, CamaroDMD and 2 others like this.
  17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I think I followed 2 members back when I first joined. But I never got notifications and never cared enough to figure out why. What's the purpose if you just check the forums everyday like I do anyway?

18. Insider

When I follow someone, I don't need to search threads. All I do is go to their icon in my info page and I can pull up their recent posts.

19. cpm9ball

I guess you could say that I learned very early in life that "tuning people out" was not that hard as long as you concentrate on what you're doing. When I was playing pool, I used to tell other players that if you are concentrating on the shot, a naked woman could walk by and you wouldn't even notice her.

Chris

20. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Apparently I am following 3 people (sorta forgot you could). One of whom no longer posts...and I sure do miss him. Might have been my favorite member of CT.

21. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I have exactly the same experience as CBD. When I first joined CT I clicked the follow button a few times but never saw or investigated the result.

I no longer receive notification emails from CT. What benefit or notification do you all receive when you "follow" a member?

Draft saved Draft deleted