How many graded coins do you own?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Patrick Bateman, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Approximately 150, I’m constantly buying and selling so it is hard to keep track.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seated J

Seated J Well-Known Member

About 50, but that number has been stagnant as I move from US coins toward world coins and ancients.

4. halfcent1793

halfcent1793 Well-Known Member

All of my coins are graded. Only a few have ever been in slabs.

R.Morgan and okbustchaser like this.
  5. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Ha!

Actually I use a hammer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I stopped counting after 100.

Randy Abercrombie and yakpoo like this.
  7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

If I have a choice between a "Top-3" certified coin and a raw coin (at the same price), I buy the certified coin every time. I'm a hoarder so I have no idea how many I have. Coin hoarding is a disease! :doctor::nurse:

8. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Iranian EOD training! :D

9. Charles Ruge

Charles Ruge Supporter! Supporter

I have sixteen, but that is in the last two years.

10. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

ZERO and don't want any.

PDKHort likes this.
  11. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to update my inventory - I have 112 non-gold, and 102 gold coins in slabs. I have more PCGS than NGC, and a few ANACS.

GeorgeM and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  12. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Somewhere between 200 - 300.

Almost all of my collection is certified, with the exception of a Wheat cent set I'm building mostly-raw in an album. And, even the key dates of that set are slabbed.

13. buckeye73

buckeye73 Well-Known Member

86 shown in inventory. An additional 8 to 10 coins have escaped captivity. I am not a big advocate of slabbing, but at age 71, there are some coins which qualify for slabbing in consideration others who will be left to get rid of them some day. JMHO.

14. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Interesting question, but my question is why did you want to know? I have about a dozen but "buy the coin, not the slab," so didn't acquire them because of the slab. I do prefer to buy graded currency for protection (of the note) and authentication.
    Welcome to CT BTW. What coins or areas of interest do you collect?

15. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

50 or more including mint slabs. I don't really care whether they are slabbed or not my care is are they authentic... I can do my own slabbing most if not all TPG's are a crap shoot guess anyway. In my opinion!

David Betts and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  16. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

We get these types of questions somewhat often. How many coins do you own? What is the value of your collection? How many are certified? What's your most valuable?

For some, its an aspect of competition. For some, it is curiosity about how they compare. For some, its a bit of an.... appendage measurement.

I personally am often interested to see how other's collections compare, even though we might collect very, very different sorts of things.

17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Yes. I understand, but was wanting the OP to tell me their reason.

18. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

The real question should be, will the OP ever return? He has one post. This thread.

19. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

45, including 10 I submitted myself (to ANACS). Mostly PCGS, some NGC. About half of what I own are medals or so-called dollars.

I'm not including 20 or so third tier pieces I have that would probably be better off raw.

20. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

500+ My better stuff is all graded or will be. Gives me peace of mind that someday my wife or kids will be able to unload them a little bit easier.

21. chuckylucky5

chuckylucky5 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted