How I spent $20.00 today.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Oct 7, 2015.

1. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I went to a couple of shops today to dig through the junk 90% and Buffalo Nickel bins. Here is my haul for the day. The first shop I snagged the two 1926-S Mercury Dimes and a 1936-S/S Buffalo. The second shop I was only able to look through about half the Buffalo's before I had to leave. But, I was able to make off with (3) 1936-S/S Buffalo Nickels, a 1938-D/D/S I think (It doesn't look like the same from the CPG), and a Nic-A-Date 1914/3 Buffalo Nickel. Below are photos of the haul. Nothing in fantastic shape, but I'd say they were well worth the $20.00.

On a side note, how hard are the 1936-S/S Buffalo's to find? I can't imagine not to terribly hard considering I came up with 4 today.

1926-S-Mercury-Dime-Obverse-1.jpg 1926-S-Mercury-Dime-Reverse-1.jpg 1926-S-Mercury-Dime-Obverse-2.jpg 1926-S-Mercury-Dime-Reverse-2.jpg 1914-over-3-Buffalo-Nickel-Obverse.jpg 1914-over-3-Buffalo-Nickel-Reverse.jpg 1914-over-3-Buffalo-Nickel-Detail.jpg

johnrpva likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jtlee321

4. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

5. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Well done

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

8. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Not sure how common a 36-S/S 5c is, but for some reason I'm getting the impression they're not particularly scarce. ;)

9. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

I'm never sure I can see the over date on those 1914/3's even when they are high grade!

10. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

I'd say that's a pretty good haul for $20.

11. jtlee321

I'd say the 36-S/S probably is not too difficult to find. I've just started down the rabbit hole on Buffalo Nickels. I can't believe how many varieties there are in this series. It will be a fun one to learn.

12. johnrpva

johnrpva Active Member

How about 2 feathers? I understand there are 33 different ones, although I have not seen a list...can anyone post one? Thanks

13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat, "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland :)

14. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I bought a salad at Panera Bread for lunch and a pack of smokes. I didn't quite spend $20.

Oh, you're not asking about whether we spent $20 today. Sorry. My bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted