How good is Skylinecoins.com

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kevinc1001, Jul 2, 2013.

1. kevinc1001

kevinc1001 Member

I received their June 2013 catalog a few weeks ago and noticed their prices are cheaper from where I used to buy from (Littleton). Speaking of Littleton I sent back my entire order as of 7/2/13. Once I get refunded I'm gonna buy again hopefully but not from (Littleton). So my question is how good/trustworthy is Skyline coins? I don't mind paying the extra 0.5 cents for shipping, but at least the prices look cheaper.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kevinc1001

kevinc1001 Member

4. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

28.00 for a 2013 Eagle. I would keep looking

5. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

they are a rip-off. their older coins, Franklins, Walkers, Morgans, Peace etc that they sell as unc aren't so the prices really are not a deal.

6. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

I've heard this before. A lot of the mail order companies with "bargain" prices usually sell whizzed coins as BU. I speak from experience!

Derek2200 likes this.
  7. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Yeah, I had a bad experience with them a few years ago and haven't bought from them since. I bought a supposed UNC. Washington that wasn't UNC. If I remember correctly it graded about AU-55 so the "good" deal wasn't so good after all. I'd stay away from them.

Bruce

8. BostonCoins

BostonCoins Well-Known Member

Wow.... $9.00 a piece for common XF (So they claim) Indian Cents? Yikes... that's a bit high. I'd pass to be honest.

Keep your eyes on good coin selling sites (forums... plenty of them out there). I would avoid e-bunk and craigsfunk... simply due to the amount of junk, counterfeit coins and just sketchy people out there!

If you need a few forum sites that sell decent coins, PM me and I'll let you know the ones I love to browse!

9. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I'm a huge proponent of establishing a relationship with a local coin shop. Find a good one and they'll take care of you - they'll help you pick the best coin for your budget/collecting goals. Even if you have to drive a few miles, in the long run it is worth it. Who would you rather have help you with your purchase? A magazine or a person?

My two cents.

10. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

I'll second that one. I am fortunate to have a really respected and honest dealer a few miles away.

11. Lanny

Lanny Mr. Nice Guy

Perfect advise, find a coin shop, build a relationship and they'll treat you better than anything online or magazines.

12. David T Sterling

David T Sterling New Member

I got a catalog from if mine for skyline coins. Their prices seemed a bit low so I guess cheap isn't cheap judging from the posts. Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted