how does an automatic bid not raise to its limit!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by riff, Aug 20, 2012.

1. riff

riff I ain't got time to bleed

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. riff

my auto bidding stopped $4 short of my max bid. i dont get it. i am happy though, i had a few cold ones in me when i bid my max.

4. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

That's something you should ask ebay about. We can't see your actual maximum bid.

5. the collector

the collector *Aussie Coins Collector*

not sure why but the coin looks like the ones i used to cook in the oven to get an idea of what AT toning was :S

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Maybe your bid was cancelled by the seller.

7. riff

i thought that, but i would have been notified by ebay had that happened, right?

8. wade12

wade12 New Member

if you were using autobid software like auctionstealer you could have lagged out if the time buffer was set too tight.

or

you didn't meet seller restrictions (feedback, ship to country etc)

9. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Or the OP had a few too many "cold ones" when he placed his max bid and it was actually $4 under what he thought his max bid was.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

If the OP was f***r then that $23 bid was the max bid If he had done a max bid of $27 it would have shown him as the high bid of $23.01 not $23. (One increment over n***a's max bid of $22.51) The $23 max bid was more than an increment over n***a's $22.00 bid which is why they allowed it to be less than an increment over n***a's $22.51 max bid. But if the f***r bid ha been more than $23 it would have gone to one increment over the $22.51 bid and would have shown him at $23.01. Since it didn't the $23 was the max bid.

11. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

IMO, by losing the auction, you actually won. That coin is AT dreck! I am gonna post a different toned 64 Kennedy just to get that image out of my head.

[​IMG]

12. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

NICE!!!!!!! Definitely NOT AT dreck!! :) :)

13. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Much nicer looking than the one in the eBay listing.

Draft saved Draft deleted