How do you store your Polish 2 zloty commemoratives?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by pomyluy, Aug 13, 2020.

1. pomyluy

pomyluy Member

I've got a fair number (~25) of modern Polish 2 zloty commemorative coins, some in capsules and most in flips. I'd like to store them in something better - maybe a proper album, hard plastic 2x2s, or Air-Tites - but I can't find anything that will for sure fit them correctly. They're 27mm in diameter and most holders I've found advertised as "27mm" are actually more along the lines of 26.5mm or 27.5mm to fit American coins, and even though my zlotys aren't particularly valuable I'd rather not have my coins rattling around in holders (like the ones in the slightly oversized capsules currently do). I also have a couple silver 10 zloty commemoratives with the same problem, I need 32mm holders and can't find anything exactly that diameter. How do you store your 2 zloty coins? Any recommendations would be really helpful.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Airtites with black foam inserts in "Caps" pages.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Airtites in "Caps" 3 ringed binder pages.... works great for my toned Canadian collections.

DSC_5865 copy.jpg
    DSC_5870 copy.jpg

Sorry these pics turned out so dark.

5. pomyluy

pomyluy Member

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for the recommendation, this looks like a great way to store them while still allowing for easy display.

spirityoda likes this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

You will need Model H blank page for 27mm airtites size.

lordmarcovan and pomyluy like this.
  7. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

9670AFEF-4847-4D2F-9D52-7D0A2E09B5CF_1_201_a.jpeg I working on making a presentation piece for a Polish professor at Rice university
    here in Houston.
    I'm awaiting one more coin to fill the bottom center.
    You likee?

Chris B, lordmarcovan and pomyluy like this.
  8. pomyluy

pomyluy Member

Very nice, what kind of case is that? Are the coins held tightly enough they won't slide if it's stood vertically?

9. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

If you mean the coins I think you do, it seems like a lot of work and a expense for those coins. I have mine in 2x2s in plastic pages.

spirityoda likes this.
  10. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Wow thanks everyone I never gave them a thought but they look great I'm going to order a few.

pomyluy likes this.
  11. pomyluy

pomyluy Member

Why is that? They're fairly cheap coins for sure (I think on average I paid around $3 apiece for mine), but I feel like a $1 holder isn't too pricy if you aren't planning on selling them.

12. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    The coins are tacked w/ a small dab of rubber cement & held securely against the glass. This prof is not a coin collector but I imagine he will appreciate the display
    none the less. The 8x10" frame is sterling silver.
    Addendum: If you care to see which coin I'm awaiting to finish this presentation you may see it here:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Polan...471778?hash=item421c68cce2:g:r2QAAOSwEHpdE-g0

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    pomyluy likes this.
  13. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I guess if it's worth it to you then it is. I usually save the expensive holders for valuable silver coins, but I also have like 15,000 coins, so ...

spirityoda and pomyluy like this.
  14. offa the saxon

offa the saxon Well-Known Member

I keep my 2 zlotych in an album with acid free pages.

pomyluy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted