How do you store your collection?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Aethelred, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

TIF likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

TIF likes this.
  4. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

IMG_6569.jpg
    One "woof" from this guard dog & the security system kicks-on.
    New Image 12-1-14A.JPG

5. LJRambo111

LJRambo111 ASE Proofs / 24K Buffalos

Coins? silver, gold? Not me. Exactly who would show anything on line, I just read coin blogs, I don't own a single penny. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Attached Files:

6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I just keep it in the middle of my basement. I figured that someone couldn't steal all of it
    [​IMG]

7. SapphireSilver

SapphireSilver I vote for coins!

8. Mike Nielsen

Mike Nielsen Active member

I only use CAPS albums, they're the best!

Paul M. likes this.
  9. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Except for common date uncirculated rolls of silver and junk silver, all of my coins are certified in slabs, with no off-breed slabs. All are in ANACS, NGC, or PCGS slabs, in other words, even the hammered and ancient coins. They're all kept in two lock boxes at my local bank, which is right across the street from a fire station.

10. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

benhur767 and TIF like this.
  11. Ed Snible

Ed Snible Well-Known Member

Where do you get pages that hold 6 open Saflips?

Alegandron likes this.
  12. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

They are Littleton Albums, Album Covers, Album Pages, Desiccant Pages, and I cut and drill the 100lb. Archival Card Stock. They are considered the Ancients albums (blank). I usually search for good prices, but typically I have been sourcing from wizardcoinsupply.com

I have used them for some time, and they work out great for me.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Paul M. likes this.
  13. cash4coin

cash4coin ran 20 redlights

the old fashioned way treasure chest.jpg

benhur767, Johndoe2000$ and Paul M. like this.
  14. Ross Kelley

Ross Kelley New Member

I'm impressed with many of these storage practices.

silverbullion likes this.
  15. Julius Germanicus

Julius Germanicus Well-Known Member

In a blackish blue plastic and felt tray a got for free at the local coin shop. This is the only way I can look at them all at the same time :-D

Portrait Gallery.jpg

TIF, benhur767, dlhill132 and 10 others like this.
  16. SapphireSilver

That's very nice. Which is the point of collecting as a hobby.

Julius Germanicus likes this.
  17. Aethelred

Aethelred The Old Dead King

@Julius Germanicus What an awesome display of beautiful coins! My hat is off to you sir.

Julius Germanicus likes this.
  18. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Higher value coins and gold are stored in a safety deposit box. The rest? I'm not saying, as being slightly paranoid is just plain smart.

benhur767 likes this.
  19. SapphireSilver

I don't have much of a collection as I am just starting out, spending the bulk of my time reading about coins on CoinTalk and books. But is it safe to post your collection on this or any site? However, maybe the question should've been asked: "How should coins be stored?" There are so many incorrect ways to store coins and better ways to store Coins, that replies to "how should coins be stored" helps educate those of us who are just beginning a collection, especially those who live in different parts of the country, that have different climates. i.e. Do coins in Salt Lake City have to be store differently than Coins in Florida, or Montana?
    I did especially liked learning about the display of the Samsung dry cabinet. I would have never thought of that one. And this question begs for an answer: Are fire safes good for storage, as they have wet walls.
    And if your coins are stored in a safety deposit box, do you run to the bank frequently to view and enjoy your collection?

20. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Having good pictures of your safety deposit box stored coins lets you enjoy them from far way. The remainder of your questions I'll leave for others.

SapphireSilver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted