How do you eat an elephant?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mountain Man, May 7, 2021.

1. differential

differential Active Member

I take them out one by one, look at them carefully, then read about the country's history, other coins from that country, maps of the country, flag, etc. Then I put each one in an old-fashioned 2X2 envelope and file these in a little red box, alphabetically, by country. I try to take a mental trip to the country.

Mountain Man likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

country, denomination, year...

upload_2021-5-12_17-27-20.png

Spark1951 and SmokinJoe like this.
  4. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

@Mountain Man ...this is by far the easiest to add, sort, shift and otherwise organize and update @CoinCorgi and @John Burgess ...I’ve been doing it this way for the last 8 years...I just finished adding 50 more World coins to my 3
    4-inch binders using 20-pocket pages...and, yes, one of those is strictly Canada.
    ...Spark

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The question was “How do you eat an elephant?”

The answer is and you must allow lots of time as an elephant is rather large, one bite at a time but how do you like your elephant cooked?

SmokinJoe likes this.
  6. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

I hope Elephants do not taste really good....I just can not imagine how much weight I would put on by trying to eat a whole Elephant because they taste so yummy:stop:

Collecting Nut likes this.
  7. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

First thing I do when faced with a bunch of coins is let my visual cortex spring into action. I spread them on a table and see what catches my eye. Usually, it’s something shiny or with a crisp design. These sometimes are uncirculated and need to be rescued from their worn mates. And it can be really exciting to find them. :)

Then I settle down to a more systematic sorting by country, denomination, date, etc.

Cal

Mountain Man and Spark1951 like this.
  8. charley

charley Well-Known Member

I love the Elephant Ears at the Bakery when they make them.

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I'm still working on them, after washing them in mild dish washing detergent and letting them dry on a towel in front of my wood stove. Helped a lot, but the aluminum coins turned a bit frosty.
    Thanks to all for the feed back as having different methods makes the world go around. LOL

1stSgt22 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted