How do I submit to CAC?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SorenCoins, Sep 23, 2017.

1. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

The CAC website is confusing me and I am unsure quite how to submit coins. Ive got a killer 1881-S S$1 PCGS MS64 and I hope it will CAC, and I think it will. But I dont know how to submit, I don't see a submission form and the "How to Submit" for some reason confuses me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

By joining first.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Do you have photos? You do know that the '81-S has one of the strongest strikes with booming luster in the entire series, don't you? Before you consider submitting this coin, you might want to view other coins of that grade that have gotten the green beanie.

Chris

SorenCoins likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

6. paddyman98

7. paddyman98

Or try calling them -
    cac2.JPG

SorenCoins and baseball21 like this.
  8. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Or just let us tell you whether it's graded right or not.

9. baseball21

That's an equal how?

10. Hommer

Free. Kinda evens the score.

11. baseball21

How was that an equivalent. Use your big words please

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    SorenCoins likes this.
  12. Hommer

I added to it. Kinda is a big word, No?

13. SorenCoins

Thanks guys. Does anyone know the link to join? I do and I have looked at quite a few 81-S MS64 that recieved the green beanie and most have a lot more scratches and dings. I will attach pictures in a minute and have you guys tell me whether you think its worth it.

14. SorenCoins

15. SorenCoins

IMG_6837.JPG Images don't capture the true beauty of this coin, it has ncie toning and semi-prooflike fields.

16. SorenCoins

Here is one online that I saw and it CACd and I think mine looks better.
    IMG_6838.JPG

17. baseball21

Sigh, is just the best response for where this ended up

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    SorenCoins likes this.
  18. Hommer

We are all here to learn, right? Now I have a question that maybe could help me, Soren, or maybe even you.

By all appearances, to my non expert eyes, Soren"s coin is a solid 65. Would the chances be better taken to crack it out for a regrade, or try and get a gold bean? Personally, I wouldn't do either, because I don't collect to sell, though I do know that I may have to someday.

SorenCoins likes this.
  19. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

It's a lovely coin. The grade (or the Bean) would have no impact whatsoever on the price for which it would sell. There are One Hundred and Three Thousand 1881-S's in PCGS MS64. More than ten percent of all PCGS MS64 Morgans are 1881-S. Heck, 13.5% of all PCGS MS65's are 1881-S. 16% of all MS66's are 1881-S. One fifth of all 67's.

Heck, there are only seven Morgan issues with more total examples graded than 1881-S in MS64 alone.

Who cares if it has a Bean?

20. baseball21

Gold beans are extremely hard to get. I would like better pictures before making any judgement. Those kind of angles and distances can make almost anything look top notch

21. SorenCoins

I agree as I am not here to sell, only to show others and reassure myself the coin is premium quality, even though I know that, CAC coins can be more desirable. I do not want to crack and resub as that can be quite expensive, compared to the smaller CAC fee. And to me a gold bean is more desirable (in my opinion) than a 65.

Draft saved Draft deleted