How did I do in this Morgan?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Vertigo, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

Usually don't buy anacs stuff. But this Morgan looked mighty nice last night. I know it is a common date.
    Screenshot_20230128-192723_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20230128-192729_eBay.jpg

numist, KSorbo, Shrews1994 and 12 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Collectible slab, usually accurately graded or under graded. Without knowing cost, really can’t say but it looks really nice.

dwhiz, SilverMike and PamR like this.
  4. Vertigo

Got it for 95 free shipping.

MIGuy and SilverMike like this.
  5. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Not bad, not bad at all. I like it (doesn't hurt I love the old anacs soap bar slabs :D)

MIGuy likes this.
  6. Vertigo

Yes if I buy anacs holders I try to stay with these or the old blue. But ultimately it was the coin that stood out on this one.

7. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

$95 is about right for where the market is at right now, I'd like it if 64s were $65-$70 like they were several years ago, especially in those older anacs slabs, but it is what it is.

MIGuy likes this.
  8. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

Nice coin, nice slab, good price.

MIGuy likes this.
  9. ddddd

ddddd Member

Nice coin and that is around the market for these nowadays.

MIGuy likes this.
  10. Vertigo

I don't buy a lot of Morgans because a lot in my price range i want to spend have bag marks. It is nice to find them cleaner on the obverse like this one.

11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Got a nice glow to her, nice pickup.

12. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

I would of bought it too. Nice find.

13. Vertigo

So it finally arrived. It was MIA for about 4 days. The last package that did that came damaged with contents missing but this one made it! I would say being a common date is why it was left in this holder and not crossed. It is really nice! You don't see a lot of nice ones left around in these older holders.
    Screenshot_20230206-160604_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230206-160624_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230206-160641_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230206-160654_Gallery.jpg

14. Vertigo

15. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

I really like that one. It's nice for a 64, but the older anacs 64s usually are.

16. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

Serious question. Besides this one being slabbed, what's the difference between this Silver Morgan Dollar and the ones I see being advertised on tv that are "supposedly" being released from the US Mint for only $39 and some change each and with a strict limit of 5 per caller?

17. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I saw a coin show today, advertising the 1928 Peace fir about $500 each. I have some RAW Peace nicer than theirs.

Draft saved Draft deleted