How did I do?? 1894o Morgan Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coinman1234, Mar 28, 2015.

1. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

I went to my local coin shop when I saw what looked like an 1894P Morgan Dollar. I'm thinking at the moment, "WOW!!! For $35 that is the deal of the year!" I asked the dealer to look at it and I saw that it is an "O" mintmark. I quickly bought it because that was one of the few dates he had the I did not have in my collection. The dealer laughed when he saw that he messed up on the case and that said he would doubt he would get an 1894p in.

Anyways, How do you think I did?? Any ideas on a VAM also?
    IMG_20150328_120432 (1).jpg
    IMG_20150328_120439.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mintstate70

Mintstate70 New Member

coinman you got the coin at a good price. I spent a little bit more money but your coin is in better condition. I also bought a 1893 o and 1895 o and spent several hundred dollars per coin. good hunting

mike

coinman1234 likes this.
  4. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

It has a pretty severe scrape in the field by star nine, but I like the coin anyway.

coinman1234 likes this.
  5. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

I agree....You got a really good deal!! Congrats!!!

coinman1234 likes this.
  6. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

AH yes, the ding...Well, that drops the grade a bit but if it still hits a high fine, it usually sells for about $40-$50

One of those rare cases where a coin purchased can be immediately resold for at least what you paid for it and probably at a profit too!!

Most of us have to factor in shipping and high retail--- apparently you do not...

So, I still think you did extremely well!!

coinman1234 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted