How common is this?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by HunterOhlsen, Apr 21, 2015.

1. HunterOhlsen

HunterOhlsen Active Member

I only search about 2 or 3 boxes of pennies or nickels a month and haven't really logged any results. If I ever found anything interesting I would just stick it in a flip and add it to my collection.

Here is a layout of my recent keepers from a box of pennies. Top left are the wheats, top right are the Canadian, and the bottom row are just miscellaneous pennies. (unpictured is another wheat and Canadian that I misplaced).

How common is it to find almost a 2:1 ratio of Canadians to wheats? I don't mind finding Canadians, especially the 1942 Newfoundland you can see in the second row, 4th column in the top right section.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I was just a little surprised to find that high of a ratio. Or is it just because I live in Wisconsin? Do northern states tend to find a higher quantity of Canadian coins? Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I find a decent ratio usually 1:1 wheats to canadians or 1:2 wheats to canadian. I have found more Canadians than wheats before though. I would imagine that your being close to the border has something to do with it.

HunterOhlsen likes this.
  4. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I usually have a 1:1.5 wheats to canadians, but I've had more and I've had less

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you're finding twice as many Canadians in each box, I move my account to another bank.

Chris

6. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

Im in Buffalo, Canadians are plenty full with all the shoppers dumping their Cent. Today I walked into my main bank, got 2 boxes of Canadians....

silentnviolent likes this.
  7. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

That's cool. I'd do that if I had the ability.

8. SilverBullet2013

SilverBullet2013 New Member

I collect Canadian coins. I may have to take a trip to Buffalo :)

9. Garrett Haag

Garrett Haag Active Member

I would say it depends on how sensitive their machine is if they kick out Canadians most of the time or now, some banks I never get Canadians from, others from time to time.

Draft saved Draft deleted