How can I purchase a coin press?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Wok to Huang, Nov 26, 2011.

1. mizozuman2

mizozuman2 that random guy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

I'm quite disappointed. I wanted to get them WWII Fighter plane commemoratives. :(

4. LEG END

LEG END Junior Member

Vertical press with 25,000 Lbs of Force

A vertical press, which is used in industrial process like interference fitting of precision bearings (they heat the collar the bearings are to be set in, cool the bearings with liquid nitrogen- -311 degrees F) then use a high pressure vertical press to wedge the two pieces together. When both return to ambient, the fit is impossible to break, and can be used in most rotational motion devices. This type of press comes in very small forms. One caution...build a METAL enclosure. When misaligned pieces are squeezed together, the resultant instantaneous velocity from the potential force created can make a metal piece launched from the process seem like a slug from a shotgun blast- positively old fashioned and black powder slow. And by all means, insure your hands. Lotsa small mint folks do use small presses like this safely.

5. pnightingale

pnightingale Member

Wait... does this mean there won't be no naked girlie coins now?

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I want the nekid wimin coins :)

7. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

8. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Uhmmmmm, you do know this is a satirical thread not to be taken seriously, right?

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Ehhhhhhhh...Did you notice this was the third response to the post when people were getting highly indignant?

Draft saved Draft deleted