How can I purchase a coin press?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Wok to Huang, Nov 26, 2011.

1. zach24

zach24 DNSO 7070 71 pct complete

There sure is a lot of demand for those 1990 S VDBs, huh?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. collectingkid

collectingkid Copper Collector

Mom: son what will you do with it?...

Son: Ma Ill be makin silver commemorative coins of nude women!!!

Mom: Alright son Ill get you one

Sorry everyone I had to:D

4. collectingkid

collectingkid Copper Collector

now back to the topic, I used to melt lead bullets and make planchets out of them.

5. sirfordster

sirfordster Member

ok lets start bidding on the first strike nude woman coin, with the first politician womans likeness. ewwww!

6. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

Hey, if you had a choice of looking at nude women, or a coin, which would you pick ?

.... and to have BOTH fused together !...... Giddy-up !!!!! I'd buy one !

On a more serious note., most collectors on this forum have seen or been informed of the 'massive' invasion of Chinese counterfit coin's hitting the U.S. market. This is a sensitive subject, as it threatens the market itself.... I hope your intentions are purely as you state,, and not to replicate more counterfit collectible coins.

Either way, you don't need an expended US mint press to stamp coin's.. any old hydraulic system will do,, log splitter, etc....

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Is this how we welcome a new member to our forum? The gentleman asked a simple question. Do we allow our bias toward what has been perpetrated in the past to cloud our judgement regarding what this fellow intends to do? That's not for us to say. The OP has already stated that he's an artist and until I find out otherwise I will judge his intentions to be pure and simple. Are we judging a person by his name (user name) alone? Wars are started over stuff like this. Hobo, alone, made the right call. And now, I'll step off my blasted soap box.......before I fall off.

8. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I would suggest this as well sir. Official presses are rare and expensive. Why buy a press when you could have them make them to your specs?

Btw, US collectors get very nervous about someone suggesting striking real US coin designs. First its illegal if you do not permanently stamp them COPY under terms of the Hobby Protection Act, secondly with all of the CHinese fakes flooding the US many collectors are very upset about the very prospect of it. I hope you take their uneasiness as their anger towards fakes flooding this hobby and not against you personally sir.

Chris

9. krispy

krispy krispy

There's a series of adult-themed silver art bars from the 1970s-80s. They are often available for sale on eBay.

Perhaps the OP wanted to recreate something like the Standing Liberty quarters with more exposure...?

10. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

Cave_troll.jpg Wake up and smell the TROLL guys!!!

11. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

Sure just call this number, they will hook you up... :)
    CHINA (HONG KONG) 011-852-2841-2524
    THAILAND (BANGKOK) 011-662-255-1959

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm going to bed........

13. 5dollarEdunote

5dollarEdunote Coin Connoisseur

I have a feeling this thread is going to go down soon...lol.

14. krispy

krispy krispy

But Ken, its the middle of the day here on the other side of the Earth, plenty of time left for working on the presses... ;)

15. sirfordster

sirfordster Member

aww gee I feel bad now. NAHHH just kiddin!:welcome::foot-mouth:

16. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

maybe i can also ask how to make counterfeit rare coins in the same thread to save on some real estate? :D

17. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

If you chose to make Fantasy coins, I would contact Daniel Carr as mentioned above, but The one problem I have with somebody wanting to purchase something of this sort, is when they have the means to do so, they will more than likely get into counterfeiting. Please note that counterfeiting is HIGHLY illegal and frowned upon in the coin collecting world. Not only is counterfeiting frowned upon, but Fantasy pieces are also very VERY controversial and get many people liking it, but some will swear that they are going to destroy coin collecting as a whole. I personally have no bias on fantasy coins, but some I look at and say "UGH! That's just wrong". So as I would like to see you get a coin press as you request, I don't know if your intentions are pure in heart.

A few people would base the fact that you are from and still are in Asia, you would be making counterfeits. I am not going to make an assumption but I would recommend that you contact Daniel Carr and ask about it and legal issues. I hope to god that your intentions are pure and I like the idea of the Nude Women coins.

~Cannyn

P.S. Is it possible that you could share some of your ideas for coins? I am a fan of the art in coins and their natural beauty. But please don't share the nudes, there might be some problems if those are shared.

18. mizozuman2

mizozuman2 that random guy

yes, or else you might meet doug. doug is a... umm... hmmm... well, he's doug, the rule enforcer! :D

19. mizozuman2

mizozuman2 that random guy

soap coins, eh? i'll buy a bank roll of kennedy halves for $15! :)

20. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

When was it every UP? :D

21. krispy

krispy krispy

And now for something completely different...

[video=youtube_share;Oqg3YWFA5nw]http://youtu.be/Oqg3YWFA5nw[/video]

Draft saved Draft deleted