How about this Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by justafarmer, May 16, 2013.

1. justafarmer

justafarmer Senior Member

In an earlier post titled “Which Image?” I asked which image people liked best. To my surprise the majority of people that responded to my post selected Image 1 over Image 2. I mulled it over and ended up creating this hybrid of the two images, which is presented below. While creating this hybrid an additional thought came to mind so I added some additional text for illustrative and reference purposes.

I created a rectangle defined by points ABCD.
    The west (left line) boundary of the rectangle is determined by the west (left) edge of the “1” in the date defined as line AD.
    The north (top line) boundary of the rectangle is determined by the north (top) edge of the “1” in the date defined as line AB
    The east (right line) boundary of the rectangle is determined by the furthest east (right) edge of the last digit (the number 6 in this case) of the date defined as line AC.
    The south (bottom line) boundary of the rectangle is determined by the southern (bottom) edge of the mintmark defined as line DC.

Point G on line AD is determined by a line drawn parallel to line AB or line DC through the northern (top) edge of the mintmark.

Point E on line AB is determined by a line dawn parallel to line AD or line BC drawn through the west (left) edge of the mintmark.

Point F on line AB is determined by a line dawn parallel to line AD or line BC drawn through the east (right) edge of the mint mark.

The intersection of these lines creates points X1, X2, X3, X4.

View the rectangle as the southeast quadrant of a graph with Point A as the origin, line AB the x-axis and Line AD the y-axis.

Measure the length of line AB. Set this length as the standard or in other words 100%.

Measure the length between Point A to point E (line AE) and divide it by the length of line AB (the standard from above). AE = 43.01% of the length of Line AB.

Measure the length between Point A to point F (line AF) and divide it by the length of line AB (the standard from above). AF = 58.55% of the length of Line AB.

Measure the length between Point A to point G (line AG) and divide it by the length of line AB (the standard from above). AG = 34.72% of the length of Line AB.

Measure the length between Point A to point D (line AD) and divide it by the length of line AB (the standard from above). AD = 54.92% of the length of Line AB.

What has been created is the relative coordinates of Points X1, X2, X3 and X4 to a known standard length (The width of the date) from a known standard Origin - Point A - in the date.

Images of varieties are presented in many different sizes and the lengths and distance change accordingly but their relative lengths and distances and coordinates always stay the same. It should be noted that the percentages presented here were rounded off.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted