Honoring and remembering passed on members

Discussion in 'Memoriam' started by mpcusa, Mar 23, 2018.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Hi fellow Coin Talk members, i brought this idea to Peter and like me thought it was
    A great idea for the forum, the main purpose is to honor and remember those members
    That have passed on and no longer with us and to take a look and the friend ships and
    Knowledge that was developed along the way, so if you know of any member that has
    Passed, this is the place to again remember and honor them.

Thanks, Rusty (mpcusa)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I would suggest that when members wish to start a new thread in this section that they use the forum user name of the member you wish to honor as the title for your thread.

That doesn't mean you can't start another thread about the same person if you wish to do so, you certainly may. There can be as many threads about the same person as anyone cares to start. Or you can post your stories and thoughts in existing threads about that person. It's up to you guys as to how that happens.

The purpose of this section is so that those forum members who are no longer with us may be honored and remembered. Everyone is free to post here of course, but please realize this section is topic sensitive.

What I mean by that is this. If you see pictures of coins posted there and you want to talk about the coins or have questions about them, please ask or discuss them in other sections of the forum.

Zorrbabe, Tlberg, Zako and 5 others like this.
  4. Ruthlankford68

Ruthlankford68 Active Member

New or kinda nee

5. Ruthlankford68

I'm new or kinda new. But I just want to say it's a wonderful way to remember friends or family. The ability to express feelings and memories makes me feel so heartfelt. These are things u cannot ever buy at any store and memories are priceless. I wanted to say our United States military and Drs and nurses and the parents who raised such individuals who love and miss them are amazing. Thanks for all the sacrafices families make every day and thank you to all the veterans who have passed. Even though I didn't know u or maybe before my time. Thank you for serving, thank you for serving me,m parents, my children and this great country. And thank you for helping educate ppl like me on coins cuz we really need it.

Zorrbabe likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

This thread didn't go to far.. Why didn't you mention a few that have passed when you started it?

I believe there was another thread with the same topic. Maybe I can find it.

Zorrbabe likes this.
  7. Ruthlankford68

Because I don't know any members who passed I wanted to cover as many as possible. I spoke to an old grade school friend who's daughter In high school already signed up wanting to be a part of protecting us all. It touched me because she said it scared her at fiurst

Zorrbabe likes this.
  8. Ruthlankford68

Sorry, but no longer did. She was proud to have raised a daughter who had such high standards for herself and so many. Ive thought about those parents from before me who supported their loved ones and lost them and never a negative thing said. And I guess when I saw this I thought idk any passing ppl on this site but wanted to be a part by recognize as many parents and ppl who did and are doing unselfishly. I apologize if I put this in the wrong place. I meant only respect and meant as a show of respect and be a part of cointalk family and say something to be respectful even though I didnt know them.

Zorrbabe and paddyman98 like this.
  9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Thank you for your comments. But this thread is only concerning past CoinTalk members who are no longer with us. I see you now understand this.
    It's ok..
    Peace be with you.

Zorrbabe likes this.
  10. Ruthlankford68

Thank you. And peace be with u.

CamaroDMD likes this.
  11. mpcusa

This thread is designed to honor members that are no longer with us, i think
    its a fitting tribute, a couple of the members that got me started on this site
    11 years ago, Bob Connor (Connor 1) and Rickey Bradley (RickeyB) both
    have since passed, RIP my friends and all that are no longer with us.

Zorrbabe, CamaroDMD, Paddy54 and 4 others like this.
  12. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

That's a shame, yes I remember RickeyB! RIP!!

Zorrbabe and CamaroDMD like this.
  13. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Ricky B was a true gentleman, over the years here we had several exchanges on line here and one time on the phone when he was in my area for treatment.
    He is truly missed...
    Ricky you no longer post with us....but you have touched each of us to remeber you ....
    What a tribute to any man or woman who is remember by their peers with such kind words ,esspecialy when those words are so true.

mrweaseluv, Zorrbabe, green18 and 2 others like this.
  14. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Members that died vs. members that just disappeared. I've often thought about members that were here and well established when I joined, but are no longer posting. Are they just inactive, or have they passed on to the big collection in the sky. @BooksB4Coins is just one of them. Anyone know what happened to her? No "Last seen" on her name.

Cinco71, Insider and NSP like this.
  15. mpcusa

Its hard to figure out, but most people I think just lose interest but some of
    the good ones can never be replaced, ala RickyB

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I remember when (many years back) you me and him was 'jawing' it up in a thread.......God, I miss him.

Another I miss is rlm's cents.........I loved his 'guess the grade' threads.

mrweaseluv, Zorrbabe and CamaroDMD like this.
  17. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Members come and go. Different hobbies, interests, or sometimes life just gets too busy. All have happened to me at different times and I have had year plus gaps in posting as a result.

Morgandude11 likes this.
  18. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

I was here quite some time ago and left but the stories of coins and the people who collected them stayed with me. I remember one member who always referred to his wife as his “beautiful young bride” after decades of marriage. I always found that to be touching. Another member I remember telling us that he collected nickels for after his childhood home burned down that was the only thing he found when his family came back to see the damage. And lord forgive me but I remember being amused when a New Zealand Monarchist was telling everyone they were going to swimming in the burning lakes of hell. I can not afford to buy any coins for a while. Kids are Expensive. But I still enjoy looking at other people’s coins and kind of feeling their passion.

Zorrbabe and Exodus_gear like this.
  19. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

So basically members of the past may leave due to death or whatever but the time they spent here does stay with others and I am thankful for that.

20. Zorrbabe

Zorrbabe Coin shortage of good coins not crappy ones lol

Wow that’s a lot of people I’m new here and I came across this and you guys must get close if you know what happened to them. That’s a really strong community. I’m happy to be here.

green18 likes this.
  21. Zorrbabe

Zorrbabe Coin shortage of good coins not crappy ones lol

It really is. Everybody deserves remembrance for what they love the most.