Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tradernick, Jul 17, 2005.

1. tradernick

tradernick Coin Hoarder

I know this is a long shot but is anyone in Hong Kong? I'll be there for about 12 days at the beginning of September. 2 or 3 days at the coin show at the Holiday Inn Kowloon and a week or 10 days of absolutely nothing to do except wander around the human gridlock slurping noodles out of a box.

I'd be delighted to meet any coin folks living there.

Im also seeking suggestions on some of the fun things to do. I want to do a tour of the bay, see the peak, etc..

Nick

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Steve E

Steve E New Member

Need a bodyguard??????

4. rick

rick Coin Collector

be sure to buy lots of rare rare coins for all the street vendors! :p

5. akdrv

akdrv Junior Member

Most of the rare-rare coin sellers are on the Hollywood Road on the HK island. I found a very good selection of Asian banknotes in one of the little stores there.

6. tradernick

tradernick Coin Hoarder

Great info, thanks Akdrv. I'll have lots of extra time so I'll try to check it out. Although last year in Seoul I managed to spend a couple of weeks and never once hit a shop lol.
    I think I'll have better luck in HK.
    Nick

7. Midas

Midas Coin Hoarder

I am sure your will find loads of Trade dollars ready to hit the eBay auctions.

8. tradernick

tradernick Coin Hoarder

Sorry Midas, you obviously don't know much about me if you think that.
    Nick

9. Midas

Midas Coin Hoarder

Nick...I do know you (as we met before at the Palm Beach show in FL) and I was refering to all of the outlets in China that do in fact sell counterfeit Trade dollars and other coins. I know perfectly well that you would never participate in this fraud. I was just stating that I am sure you may find some of these counterfeit dollars in your travels...since you will be right at the source.

Draft saved Draft deleted