Hong kong 1960 Queen elizabeth the second 1 dollar coin with extra dot?Help please

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by coin_lover, Oct 10, 2012.

1. coin_lover

coin_lover Junior Member

I have a piece of Hong kong 1960 Queen elizabeth the second 1 dollar coin and it has an extra dot raised on the rim on reverse side there.Obviously,there is an extra dot raised on the rim on reverse side and the extra dot is right far at the inner part of the rim just below the denticle there.My first thought was a rim cud but rim cud is normally placed at the outer part of the rim there and I am getting a little bit confuse right now at this moment because I cannot confirm if it is an extra dot variety or a rim cud or not.That is why I need help from the experts right here to identify if it is an extra dot variety or just a rim cud or not and possible it is also a new discovery on the old hong kong coin like this one.Beside that,please let me know thing like this happen on any other foreign coin is common or rare for sure,what its worth with this extra dot variety.I have seen and compared more than 10 similar pieces but none of them is with the extra dot raised on the rim at the same position on reverse side there.Please let me know about it and see the scans below carefully.Your help is always apprieiciate by me and I will get back to you as soon as possible after your reply to me.Please check it out and hope to hear from you.Thank you.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

this is KM#31.1 (security edge) OR 31.2 (reeded edge):

Copper-Nickel 29.8mm Heaton mint 40,000,000 struck

The pictures leave much to be desired as far as focusing on the anomoly in question, but I think it is a ding that pushed a bit of the metal up. At best, it could, but is unlikely to be, a small die chip. I wouldn't pay a premium for it. It's in nice shape though, XF, IMO.

4. coin_lover

coin_lover Junior Member

I want to tell you that it is not a ding on the rim there because it has never dropped before and I think it is a die chip right there just exactly like someone else said on the other forum.I would think the condition is a way more than an extra fine and I will send it to the coin grading company for grading later on.I really apprieiciate your comment above there.Thank you

5. Real Slick

Real Slick Active Member

Your coin is a lot better than mine I posted the same coin today,
    and I could not get a full picture like yours. I'll check my coin , to if it has one.

Draft saved Draft deleted