Holy Spam Poster...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by BlackberryPie, Aug 14, 2021.

1. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

I've been bad sometimes but this one is wow....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Without telling or showing us what you are referring to I can only agree that your post is needless spam. Lol

Garlicus and Inspector43 like this.
  5. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

Look at page 1

6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

7. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

I did it once and people got on me to break it up. A couple here, a few there. Wait till the next day and resume.

This guy does it and it's ok now? Why the double standard?

YoloBagels and SensibleSal66 like this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Now I see what you’re referring to. That many posts, I don’t even look at them.

9. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

@BlackberryPie and others :
    Just click Ignore if you don't like it . That's basically what was said . He has every right as long as it's a different coin and only one coin per thread .
    I don't like it and so don't others apparently but that's the way it is .:(

10. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Our problems - edited - but sure, why not gripe about how many times any member posts coin threads in a row, and making everybody pout because there is a member threatening to taking over the sandbox. Never mind that the member is most likely expressing in his/her own self perceived clever manner (my opinion) an ATTICA to the more recent similar event. Goose-Ganderism.

Yelling ATTICA is OK, it is the American way, but there should be a little dignity when doing so, don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2021
  11. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

There have been a couple of posters recently who just have no idea of the etiquette of a board like this. He's not violating any rules, technically, but he's really going against the social norms of a place like this.

This particular poster is a bit surprising since he isn't really new around here, he's been here for a while.

There was another poster in the past week or two who did something similar... bombed the boards with dozens of threads, each about a common, worthless coin he had. That poster was newer, and prompted several complaints. Again... not technically against the rules...

Just against forum norms.

12. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

I've been to the sandbox more than once. You are preaching to the choir. -edited

13. charley

What exactly is "normal"? Is it acceptable if there is a thread between each of his/her threads?
    Is it acceptable if he/she skips every other day and then posts multiple threads?

It is not acceptable to me, that for all the years I have read your posts, you have a rude condescending tendency when critiquing the posts/coin of another member....here or on other boards (3 are on my mind).... rarely reply when other members critique your critique. Now, your tendency is not technically against the rules, but there are many instances when your critiques are commonly worthless.

Take off the smoking jacket once in a while. You have had some real bloopers, and one thing you don't do well at all, in my experience, is take criticism on the level you give it.

14. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

Let's all take a deep breath here and relax.

charley likes this.
  15. charley

edited

16. charley

And don't fire unless you do. You will miss.

17. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Nothing wrong with those GTG threads. The guy told us up front there would be 20 threads. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. It will be interesting to see how close members grading standards are to ANACS.

18. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

There's two 19/20 threads with the same coin. Every they couldn't keep track of it. Just more scrolling to do I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted