Holy Grail!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Pickin and Grinin, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

If this should be moved to discussions then Please do So,
    On the Coneca Master listings and my Holy Frail. Would be the 75 D/ inverted D

Does any one here have an example?

If not post a pic of your HolyGrail.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

um 75d/inverted d what? Personal Holy Grail is the view-source:http://www.pcgs.com/news/1992-p-close-am-lincoln-cent-sells-for-24056 but heres to hoping.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

what denomination?

5. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

The Denver mint didn't start minting coins until 1906. So, a dime, nickel or cent.

I don't see an inverted mint mark in the listings online at CONECA. In keeping with the year 1975 and holy grails, the 1975 no S proof dime would be in that category. A PR68 went for ~$350,000 in auction in 2011.

6. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

I can't figure out what coin it is you are referring to. Could you please explain and give a link to what master list you are speaking.

7. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Here's mine.
    gr_slug.jpg

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Lincoln cent.
    I just went and looked again. And am embarased that it must have something, I miss read years ago. Lol

9. World Colonial

World Colonial Active Member

Your standards of significance are similar to mine. I find that US collectors generally have very low standards.

10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

It's not a standards issue to me. I'd just rather have a hunk of gorgeously designed California gold than a modern coin rarity. Honestly, the pedigree doesn't matter much to me either, but I suppose Eliasberg adds to the cool factor.

11. World Colonial

World Colonial Active Member

My "holy grails" (and I don't have one) in US coinage are from a relatively low population I cannot afford, mostly those I call "ultra elite".

Of those I collect and specifically know of, I'd probably like to have a shot at buying the 1761 PCGS MS-62 Peru 4R. I believe it is the Patterson coin sold by Bonham's in 1996 included in my copy of the catalogue. 1761 is also currently the only date from this series (Peru pillars) where the population reports list one MS from each denomination.

Draft saved Draft deleted