Hoard provenance

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by grigioviola, Mar 19, 2019.

1. grigioviola

grigioviola Member

Hello!
    The focus of my collection is the Gallic Empire (both official and unofficial coins).
    I have a good number of coins for all the emperors (I'm searching only a Domitian II :joyful:).

So, during the years I have incresed my collection with new sections: the Britain usurpers Carausius and Allectus, the London mint during the Constantinian era,
    but most of all coins with hoard provenance.

Now I have a great number of coins from 23 different hoard (mainly british finds, but also from France and Germany). All my sources are obviously legal (only professional sellers) and all the hoards are from recorded and studied hoard (Normanby, Blackmoor, South Petherton, Beachy Head, Hollingbourne, Irchester, Langtoft I and II, Reyssouze ect).

So I'm searching coins with this provenance :shame:... I have tried for a long time to buy coins from the Braithwell Hoard, but the only seller who deals these coins (on vCoins) do not ship to Italy :rage:

Do you know some other seller who deals this type of coins?

Many thanks!

arizonarobin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

howdy and welcome to Cointalk :)..but as for me, no, i don't know anyone..post your coins so's we's can see :)

4. grigioviola

grigioviola Member

Just a few examples:
    01 Meare Heath Hoard Glastonbury.jpg 02 Meare Heath Hoard Glastonbury.jpg
    Barbarous radiate from the Meare Heath hoard 1972 (Glastonbury, UK)
    ref.: 1976 R.A.G. Carson and R. Bland “Meare Heath, Somerset find of Roman coins” (in C.H. 2); 1986 J.A. Davies “The Meare Heath, Somerset, Hoard and The Coinage of Barbarous Radiates” (N.C. 146).

01 mericourt l'abbé.jpg 02 mericourt l'abbé.jpg

Double Sesterce, barbarous from the Mericourt l'Abbé hoard (France)
    ref. 1992 Tresor Monetaires XIII

01 la guerche.jpg

Valerian II from La Guerche sur l'Aubois hoard (France)
    ref. Boulletin cgb 118/2013; auction Rome 34/2013

tacite.jpg
    Tacitus from Reyssouze hoard 2014 (France)
    ref. Preliminary Report by Isabelle Bollard-Raineau

01petherton.jpg 02 petherton.jpg
    Marius from the South Petherton hoard 2013 (UK)
    ref. British Museum preliminary report

Attached Files:

5. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

ah, purdy kool...i think you've listed your Tetricus twice, but that's ok.. you'll get more acquainted with picture posting as you go along... thanks for the showing! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted