history of SPY COINS from hitler & SS who knows more?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by coinhawk, Mar 29, 2015.

1. coinhawk

coinhawk Junior Member

rumor has it that HITLER AND THE SS USE" US COINS" FOR SPIES WITH INITIALS CARVED INTO THE COIN AND THE CONTACT PERSON KNEW THEM SUCH AS( kh sk kk) THE SPIES WOULD MEET AND EXCHANGE THE COINS AND IF THEY DIDNT KNOW THE US COIN
    I REMEMBER MY GRANDFATHER TALKING ABOUT SPIES IN NEW YORK IN 1939 -1941 AND HOW SOME COMMUNICATED
    I REALLY AM CURIOUS ABOUT THIS SINCE I HAVE 3 COINS ALL WITH THE SAME EXACT INITIALS CARVED IN THE BUST NO DIFFERENCE IN THE SHAPE OR CARING
    \
    WP_20150329_005.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

That looks like a counter stamp vice a carving.

4. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

There was a spy who used a hollowed out nickel, but he was a Russian.

The FBI's website has information on him.

:)

5. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

why do you keep yelling?

6. Patrick King

Patrick King Well-Known Member

Coins are exciting!

7. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

In New York City, there were also spies from Russian enclaves like Brighton Beach who took the BMT to Coney Island, patronized the stand-up hot dog joints, and met new recruits just off the boat.

One would squirt a code on the bun, the other would casually glance over, then the first would jam the bun together and start chowing down. Not a word was spoken.

A simple blob of mustard meant "follow me" but ketchup meant "you've been spotted..." I don't know what relish and onion meant. :rolleyes:

#093 ketchup.jpg

8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Yes. Coin 1 is the same as coin 2.

9. coinhawk

coinhawk Junior Member

sorry for YELLING i forgot not to use caps!!

10. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

longnine009, KurtS and furryfrog02 like this...

Thank you, thank you, we are too serious around here. Years ago, my psychology prof said the more (true) details you put in a talllll tale, the more likely it will be believed...

Draft saved Draft deleted