Hirsch 321-324

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by David Atherton, Sep 26, 2016.

1. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

Did anyone here win any lots from the recent Hirsch auctions which ended on Friday? If so, have you received any email confirmation of your winning lots an/or an invoice?

I believe I won a lot but have not received any notification.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pellinore

Pellinore Well-Known Member

They will have a lot of work to do now. I'm always very patient after an auction. A Goldberg auction last year took six weeks to send me my coin.

Ardatirion likes this.
  4. David Atherton

Waiting for a coin for a few weeks is no issue. Not knowing whether I won it or not for weeks on end would be a problem.

Mikey Zee and TIF like this.
  5. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Similar things have happened to me and in my impatience to clarify my 'win' after auction closing, I revisited the site and attempted to see if the 'winning bid' was within my maximum or otherwise had my handle still listed with the 'closed' status.
    Usually that confirmed the status and I received a win notice or invoice shortly afterwards. I even discovered, a time or two, I had used an old email address and the notice wasn't forwarded to my current one.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Paul M. and David Atherton like this.
  6. Carausius

Carausius Brother, can you spare a sestertius?

The PRL is now available on Hirsch's website. While the PRL is not a guaranty of success in the event your max bid is realized (there may be a tie with an earlier submitted bid), it is at least a guaranty of failure if your max is exceeded. :)

Edit: I should add that I think I won a lot in the auction, but I've not received an invoice or other confirmation. My experience with firms in continental Europe is that they can be quite slow to invoice - sometimes a week or more.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Mikey Zee likes this.
  7. David Atherton

I saw the PRL on the website and my max bid is the price the lot sold for. But like you said, it is no guarantee of a win if it matches a prior bid, which is my worry.

It's times like these I miss CNG's efficiency!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
    Mikey Zee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted