High Relief slab storage

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TX15FX4, Aug 28, 2015.

1. TX15FX4

TX15FX4 Active Member

I've recently purchased a couple of high relief PCGS graded coins. I thought they would fit in my PCGS storage box, but they don't. Has anyone found a storage solution for these thicker slabs?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I think I read somewhere that PCGS has a new box for these

TX15FX4 likes this.
  4. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I've heard that they don't fit in the regular boxes. That sounds aggravating. Yet another reason not to buy them.

5. Carl Voll

Carl Voll New Member

I ran into this same problem with my last submission, only the coin was an Australian Lunar Dragon (2012-P) "Year of the Dragon, Blue colorized (PCGS# 651607.) Anyway, I have another coin of the exact same type and it was holdered in the standard holder.

Now for some reason, PCGS has decided that these coins need to be slabbed in these thicker (and uglier IMHO) holders. Not to mention that as you say, they don't fit in the standard blue boxes. I called to complain and they are looking into it. But the girl I talked to said if they've "changed their policy" they wouldn't re-holder my coins. She also said they would not make a new storage box for the thicker slabs. Dumb big time IMHO and what's the big deal for them to make a new box? Nothing but more cash in fr them right!!! I guess it;s time to move over to NGC.

Draft saved Draft deleted