Hieropolis-Kastabala

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ancient times, Oct 31, 2019.

1. ancient times

ancient times Legatus Legionis

I was going through my coins trying to find something to go with my Egyptian artifacts and I thought this coin would be the best choice I had.
    Hieropolis-1 (2) (854x824).jpg
    Hieropolis-2 (2) (771x786).jpg
    Hieropolis-Kastabala, AE20, 6.8 gr. 200-0 BC. Turreted and veiled bust of Tyche right, KO monogram behind head /TWN PROC TWI PYRAMWI THC IERAC KAI ACYLOY, seated left, wearing polos, holding branch. Eagle standing left under chair. SNG France 2208

Isis
    isis.jpg
    Source- Upper Egypt material- stone length- 10" width 4.8" depth 1.2"
    culture- Pharaonic Type: statue
    Isis began in the new kingdom 18th dynasty 1570 BC until 380 AD when Theodosius I
    outlawed pagan worship of Gods. But the cult survived in Philae until 537AD

Anubis
    anubis.jpg Source: Upper Egypt Material: Hard Stone Length: 8.8" Width: 2" Depth: 4.8"
    Type: Statue Culture: Phraonic
    Anubis (God of the embalming and dead) was one of the most important Gods in Funerary rites of Embalming. Was protector of graves in the 1rst dynasty also as embalmer (3100 BC - 2890 BC) and was replaced by Osiris in the middle kingdom (2055 BC - 1750 BC)

Hathor
    hathor.jpg
    Goddess Hathor oil lamp 41/4" X 2" material: clay has face of Hathor with Bovine ears
    on the top. 4000 BC - 500 AD Considered mother of the Pharohs, worshiped all over Egypt, especially in Dendra, associated with Isis until the 6th century.

Egyptian Ushabti
    ushabti.jpg
    Ushabti 3.5" long 1" wide
    New Kingdom 1950 BC Ushabti refers to servant of the kings in the after life.

Thanks for looking

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

While your coin is genuine the antiquities are all reproductions.

4. ancient times

No, the antiques are genuine, all came from reputable dealers with certificates of authenticity. customs held a few for months checking on the year they were evacuated. After 1970 artifacts can not be sold to private buyers.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  5. Ken Dorney

Sorry, they are all poor quality fakes. They look like they might have come from Sadigh Gallery, one of the most prolific sellers of fakes of all time. If you did, just return them. He stays in business (and out of prison) by offering prompt refunds no questions asked. Dont take my word for it though. I can give you a list of people who can offer other opinions, though they will all tell you the same thing.

6. ancient times

Some came from Times Ancient and others from Ancient antiques back in the 1990, some of the Roman and Phoenician was dug in Lebanon in 1998, by archaeologist Edmond Hachem.

7. Ken Dorney

I've never heard of that dealer, but I can tell you 100% none of these were ever excavated despite what you were told. They are very poor fakes. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but you were taken advantage of. Maybe you can consider it a learning experience if you cant return them.

8. ancient times

here is the link of one I do business with
    https://www.timesancient.com/
    check it out

9. Ken Dorney

I didnt see anything fake on that site. If you got these items from them I would return them.

10. ancient times

Anubis and ushabti's on this post came from them in the 1990"s

Draft saved Draft deleted