hidden images/letters or words on a penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jamiebby, Apr 5, 2017.

1. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

Again.., how in the minting process would these images have been added? Isn’t it much more likely that they are at most plating blisters and more likely your brain piecing things together looking for a pattern?

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

If a coin blank is struck, the metal will flow out away from the center, but there is no telling exactly how it would flow. Your pictures are interesting but if the images were intended/deliberate, there would be more instances. As it is, I'm sorry but I think it is merely hapenstance, but show us some more...

rushcoin1 and paddyman98 like this.
  4. rushcoin1

rushcoin1 Junior Member

Like your suggestion to start a new thread but I have never been involved on a forum to this extent and do not know how to start a separate thread? I read all of the info that indicates how to search and watch existing threads but no mention of how to start one.

I am also at a loss as to why the system uses the word QUOTE which I have never clicked on when I respond or reply to an existing, older post. You have mentioned this several times but I fail to see how or why I am doing this or how or why this is important? If I add info to an older post and existing people can still read this, why is that wrong, unless I am asking the original poster for info that they cannot provide because they are no longer a member. To QUOTE someone generally means to relate what they said, to another person, but on here it must have a different meaning?? Please advise -- Thanks!

Kentucky and Cheech9712 like this.
  5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Click on a forum the click new post

Kentucky likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You just quoted me o_O

Just forget it.

7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

@paddyman98 has given you the best advice, start a new thread.
    Next, instead of thinking that you have uncovered some ritual or secret messages, study the minting process. Learn some Metallurgy to understand what happens to dies and metal disks when they come into contact with each other under high pressure.
    Again,
    Learn the minting process.
    Any and all of your concerns can be defined as die marriages and die stages.

8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

"Quote" simply means to repeat what another person said so that when you reply, there is no question as to what you are replying to. See, I quoted you.

rushcoin1 likes this.
  9. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

I'd rather quote Shakespeare or Vonnegut even.

Kentucky and rushcoin1 like this.
  10. rushcoin1

rushcoin1 Junior Member

New Thread up and running - Thx

11. rushcoin1

rushcoin1 Junior Member

I probably know the minting process better than most as I have been doing this for over 50 years and even visited the Denver Mint first hand. It was amazing how many coins are cranked out by so many machines so quickly. I was also able to explain to experts the reason that the 1997-P cent borrowed from the Denver Mint ended up with a Phantom "D", after it had already been cleaned from the die. It is due to the compressed metal that goes deeper than the surface, thus the later die state coins produced ended up with the stronger impressions showing up. This may also be true of many RPM's, OMM's, etc.

12. rushcoin1

rushcoin1 Junior Member

There are more, many more instances. The Hidden images of which I only provided a couple examples, are on a series of coins in both mints over several years, thus they must be included on the master hub(s). A smaller number of Blatant Images such as the first pic (bear) appear to me to be only on a few particular dies. Also see the New Thread which has been posted. Thx.

13. cwart

if it’s on the master hub it won’t be a variety. Every coin minted that year and in any years using that hub will have it.

14. rushcoin1

rushcoin1 Junior Member

I make no claims as to what it is as I am only trying to reveal that these images are there. On the site https://www.error-ref.com/hidden-initials-and-symbols/ there is an explanation as it pertains to master die inclusion on past foreign coins, though I do not see the distinction between hubs and master dies being discussed. On some years there are coins made that do not have these as well as coins that do. Perhaps this is the case for all these as I have not the ability to review millions of coins for each year as issued many years ago. Thx.

15. cwart

if it’s on the master it’s on every die prepared from that master. There would not be some with and some without since it’s on the master.

16. MIKELOCK34

MIKELOCK34 Well-Known Member

You have not provided any examples of hidden images. Pareidolia.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  17. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I see a die variety at best. kinda like breaking the seal on a sealed 50$ bag of ole' cents. I can break them down into stacks of 20 of even 100 plus cents with the same die deterioration. nd thats within the first 5-10 handfuls. These so called hidden whatever are just simple die stages.
    Hey @rushcoin1 these coins are even more fun when they are in MS.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  18. MIKELOCK34

MIKELOCK34 Well-Known Member

Funny how rushcoin1 dictates to others what those others are supposed to see on a coin but rushcoin1 does not allow those others to dictate to him what he is supposed to see on those same coins..............:):):)

Pareidolia.

Draft saved Draft deleted