Hi guys

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by NorthKorea, Apr 27, 2016.

1. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I haven't been on in a while (been helping my cousin settle aunt's estate), but found this looking through my coin boxes (for flips):

image.jpg
    image.jpg

My apologies for the image size, but my DSLR won't show those colors without a lot of setup work.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

From the internet:

This type was struck at the Royal Mint 1872-1901 and this date is listed as common in all grades. British coinage for Hong Kong ceased in 1997 when the island was returned to China.

Recorded mintage: 10,000,000.

Specification: 1.35 g, .800 fine silver, .035 troy oz ASW.

4. halvessearcher

halvessearcher Active Member

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Nice toner, did it tone in the flip? Just wondering as you may want to put in an inert holder if this was the cause, to arrest the toning from turning black.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Welcome back 'old man'. We've missed you........:)

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Oh......forgot to add......the pics are sumptuous. A pity for a closeup......:)

8. NorthKorea

Sadly, I recall *some* tone, but that electric blue looked new.

Also, if it turns black, no loss, since the UK made 10 million of them. Hah hah.

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

In that condition I'm sure it's worth something nice. And I go through a lot of world coins and don't run into those that old very often. My guess is it's worth a 80-100 or more

10. NorthKorea

I doubt it's worth *that* much, but thanks for the boost of confidence. My cousin actually had some nice stuff in his oddball coin collection. A very nicely toned (also non-rare) 1930 British/HK trade dollar.

He said the nicer stuff is in the safe deposit, so I'll stop by again next week to see what else is lurking. I'll try to remember my camera, so I can take photos. :D

joecoincollect likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted