Hi ! Could use some help

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by RaeRenee, Nov 7, 2019.

1. RaeRenee

RaeRenee New Member

hi my name is Rae Renee and im very new to this site and well the whole coin topic in general. i created this account in hopes i could find someone i could chat with one on one someone with the knowledge i do not have. possibly allow me to send some pics and let me know what their trained eye may see... ive got 5 wheat pennies and around 40-50 lincoln 1957-1980s. thanks and im sorry if i posted this is the wrong area.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

What dates are the wheat pennies?

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Welcome to CT. Post pics of the coins and ask away. We have lots of knowledgeable members.

5. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

And any mint marks.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  6. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

While no longer common in circulation, circulated wheat pennies in the 40s and 50s are numismatically very common. Rolls of circulated mixed dates (50 coins) typically sell for $1-2, as far as I know.

7. dividebytube

dividebytube Active Member

I'm working on filling the first and second Whitman books (1909 to 1974) of Lincoln cents. Many are very common and inexpensive - but a few cost quite a bit. Of course the famous 1909-S VDB and the most of the early S mint mark coins and even a few of the Ds.

Most of the 1940s-1950s wheats are very common.

Suggest buying the Whitman Red Book 2020 to get some basics on grading, prices, and history. It's a great book just to have around and study.

johnmilton likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted