Heyyyyyyyyy......

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Nicole Hampton, Jul 23, 2018.

1. It's been a little while since I've been able to get back to the group but I have some treats (I hope so anyway)...... Price range and any feedback thanks..... I have 50 - 1981 state engraved beautiful pennies. Errors are everywhere Im kinda overwhelmed but super excited IMG_20180723_081823.jpg IMG_20180723_081906.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    SammyMann likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

BDA79D2D-F158-4D59-9FAA-10DE085E324D.jpeg
    Like my 1976 one.... I apologize for telling you this but... it is only worth .50 cents. The engraving on these were done post mint. Even if there were to be errors on them, the fact I that they were already engraved on, makes them worth for what they are or how much copper cost by weight. It is solely up the you how you want to do it, from only those two choices. But the good news is, that, its just another manic monday, here is a picture of my 50, just in case you do not believe me.

SammyMann and Nicole Hampton like this.
  4. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

These sets are novelty items, and while cool to look at, are considered damaged coins by the numismatic community.
    So in the coin collector world, they are only worth face value, one cent each.

Nicole Hampton and Coinneseur like this.
  5. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

The only value I see is the...frame.

Coinneseur likes this.
  6. Thanks for the feedback y'all. Greatly appreciate it

Coinneseur likes this.
  7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Welcome Back to Cointalk.

Nicole Hampton likes this.
  8. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Thank you for the share and welcome to CT! If you have a thing for coins, whether it be knowledge or fundage, this is the site for you. You will learn a lot here, and may even win a lot here... just like the penny of my thoughts in his one. Jk. Cheers and happy coinaging...

9. Thanks sug

10. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Wanna bet? But 1981 is my favorite modern cent year. Still the heavier hub style before they "ruint" it in 1982 with the zinc cent rehubbing.

11. People are always trying g to fix something that isn't broken

MisterWD and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  12. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I know right?? Like rotary telephones, fax machines, 8-track tape players..... And what on earth I am I supposed to do with two hundred VCR tapes??

Coinneseur likes this.
  13. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Digitize the ones you want to keep and stick them in your iTunes library. I’ve done about 20 commercial ones,and have some home video left to transfer.

14. Clawcoins

is this referring to the Mint make small changes throughout the production run of minting cents .. thus making unlimited errors ?

Coinneseur likes this.
  15. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

wth does sug mean?

16. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

There is an aftermarket for VHS tapes and some bring surprising amounts.
    I buy the Disney ones for resale. Others I would have to look up online to
    see what they are going for.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  17. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

welcome to CT. your set is not worth much but fun to keep anyhow. I like that you have the whole set. many people like seeing their own state they live in. These are novelty coins. I am glad to see another girl getting excited about coins. that is refreshing. What other coins do you enjoy collecting ? I like world coins mostly.

Coinneseur likes this.
  18. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Pull all of that tape out of the cartridges and use it to strangle the electrical cord to the VCR . . . two birds with one stone.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  19. Clawcoins

but a lot of my Brave Little Toaster & VeggieTale sequels are on VCR !!

20. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

abbrevation for "sugar", I believe...Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted