Hey ! New Member here.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SensibleSal66, Oct 5, 2020.

1. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hey. So Iv'e been a member for what.. about 2 days ? It's time for a LITTLE story. lol
    One day (45 years ago) when I was 10, my father approached me with this Note one day . It was 1977 ! The year Elvis died .Also, the year I made the baseball Allstar team and also the year my Coin/ currency collection took off .
    Anyways, he told me he got it from the bank. At the time I just thought it was unusual . I held on to it into the 80's when I probably bought my first currency book (don't know, things are foggy from that era ) . I look towards the back in the Error section and ..... I see it, it's a Offset Transfer Error, third print on the Back 100% Medium print , I guess ( you be the judge ) . Value ? Been changing through the years . What's your guess??
    It's describes as : Med. print, Medium crispness, no folds,creases,tears or holes. Small smudge of some sort on front top right . Nice margins and strong print.
    1977A 1 dollar Offset -front.jpg 1977A offset 1 dollar- back.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

Ok their gone,lol. what are those numbers ?

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  4. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not worth a lot but definitely worth keeping. It should be worth more from your dad than any value associated with it. Welcome to CT.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Welcome to Coin Talk.
    Cool Front-to-Back Offset error. I’m glad you kept it. Probably worth anywhere from $100-$150. Is that a stain above the upper right serial number ? Get it into a quality currency sleeve.

7. SensibleSal66

2014 HOFCoin-Obv.jpg Yes Steve. It's been protected since I got it . It was worth around $300 some years ago but it seems to be valued around $150, according to Ebay Sales . I also have a 80% Back to front which combined may get me like $250 ??? I'm not selling, just trying to catalog all my S.....Stuff ! lol

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Due to sentimental value, I would send it in to be graded and sealed so I could keep it and pass it down, with the story, to my offspring. The value is whatever someone is willing to pay, which seems to be around $150 in auctions, but graded, I've seen them go for over $200.

JCKTJK and midas1 like this.
  9. SensibleSal66

Thanks MM , I'll do that .

CoinJockey73 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted