Hey does this Augustus look fake to you?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Gentlemaninpa, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Gentlemaninpa

Gentlemaninpa Member

Hey does this Augustus look fake to you? This reverse looks strange
    avgfronts-l1600.jpg avgbacks-l1600.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alde

alde Always Learning

Looks OK to me but I'm sure more experienced eyes will chime in.

randygeki likes this.
  4. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Looks OK to me but it would be a help if you gave size and weight, and if possible a pic of the edge.

randygeki likes this.
  5. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

If you are doubting every coin you get as seems to be the case from your many posts each with the same question, I strongly suggest you stop buying coins from sources you feel would sell you fakes and patronize those who are trusted. I see nothing wrong with the coin but is is not all that nice and not worth owning if it brings you such doubts.

6. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with this Augustus As , just a bad overexposed picture. Seller is an ANA member and a Vcoins member and his eBay account is of good standing.
    no red flags.

7. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I second this sentiment. Another sentiment might be to buy coins you know you want to keep in your collection. If the coins you've purchased up till now are questionable, or if they are such poor examples that you are unable to identify, perhaps you should try acquiring more detailed coins.

RAGNAROK, galba68 and Justin Lee like this.
  8. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I third it.....carried.

Justin Lee likes this.
  9. Gentlemaninpa

Gentlemaninpa Member

The problem is that no matter how reputable a coin collector is, they can be fooled and accident sell a fake. It happens sometimes. I prefer Amazon marketplace or Ebay...

10. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

There are many fakes, and overpriced coins on Amazon (and ebay).

11. Gentlemaninpa

Gentlemaninpa Member

I hear ya but at least if anything happens you can always call them up ( amazon or ebay) to complain, They need thier customer service or else people will go elsewhere

Draft saved Draft deleted