Heritage FUN Show Auction...GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dimefreak, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Well I am sure plenty of members here are actively bidding in the big auction.So I am sure plenty of members have realized that the coin world is as healthy as it has ever been! Specific coins are selling for much more than they did just one year ago, and all of the auctions are bringing in healthy bids. I personally have been getting eating up, so I decided to put all of my eggs in one basket and get the one coin I must have. Anyways because this auction is so competitive I wanted to start a thread for everybody to show off their Heritage FUN show winnings.:D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

4. camlov2

camlov2 Member

The only item I will be bidding on doesn't close until the last night. Can you guys please spend all your money now? Thanks.

5. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

AGREED! Thats why I made this thread because if you win something in this auction you realllllllly wanted it and should show it off....... there were coins I was on the fence with and others made my mind up fast.......the coin im after is at almost double what it sold for last year.....same exact coin, same exact auction.....dont anybody try to tell me the toning market is dying!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Great idea for a thread. I totally am in the same boat. I have two items I am totally focused on with strong bids in place. I've narrowed these down before placing bids from about 10 items I really contemplated about for a couple weeks prior. There is something for everyone but the competition is heavy. Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see what you all pick up.

7. EyeEatWheaties

EyeEatWheaties Cent Hoarder

I'm in on some stuff... I really hope I get outbid on most of it or I am in trouble. :)

8. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I won both of the coins I bid on and the total price was $1K below my max bids.

9. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

:thumb: cant wait to see pics lehigh!

10. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I got my white whale, a 1950-D Jefferson NGC MS67 5FS.

11. krispy

krispy krispy

Tré cool! Can't wait to see your pics. Congrats Paul.

12. Leadfoot

My other three coins/bids all got blown out of the water. 0-4. :(

13. camlov2

camlov2 Member

I hope this happens on my item (of course that would mean they have to pay me :rolleyes:)

14. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I have my fingers crossed on two coins.

15. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Anybody gonna be there live 2morow???

16. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

That's a nice cent; sorry to hear you were 0/4. I tracked a few but had made a point not to spend money on this auction, so I was just window-shopping. I was a bit surprised this didn't go for more:
    http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=1151&Lot_No=3175&Lot_Id_No=74019

17. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

According to the auction I won this1872 IHC, but will feel better when the invoice comes in. Am grateful all the other bids lost. I have about 6 more I am watching that ends tomorrow morning, but 5 are higher than I would bid. The other if it stays that low I am going to put in a bid in the morning - not an all out coin, just one I would not mind having.

18. Leadfoot

Very interesting coin. Can't wait to see your pics!

Oh, and congrats!

19. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

I considered this one too... but wasn't on my list. Beautiful coin I bet.
    To dimefreak's point,, everything I was passively targeting bid way out of the passive fishing ballroom....

I've changed tactics and have now moved from target specific to carpet bombing, tracking a bunch and if I'm around I'll bid at them during the live auction... I prefer live because I don't like to generate too much activity on a coin I'm looking prior to the auction... IMO it attracts attention, the less attention on a coin I'm looking at,,, the better !
    dimefreak, if I lose too many cents... Beware !.... we'll there are two of them,, maybe we should split them... you can have the 1st one.

20. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

TOP POP!!!! WOW Congrats and thanks for sharing Mark!

21. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Outstanding!! Congrats ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted