Here's a few I consider unique.

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by ddk2881, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ddk2881

ddk2881 Active Member

1974 D I think it's in great shape for its age being circulated. 1995 -can't really see it but it looks like heavy brush strokes front obverse and reverse and really shines. 2009- In the 7000 ish cents I've gone through in the last month I have never seen one this dark. 2011-this is my favorite looks like a rainbow in the light. IMG_20190220_193818.jpg IMG_20190220_193859.jpg

Monstermommy and Legomaster1 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Very nice finds! Several years ago, I got given a jar filled with 1974 P and D cents about 200 or 300 of them, all in AU or even BU condition.

4. ddk2881

ddk2881 Active Member

Sweet, I've been considering buying old unscratched rolls of wheats do you believe I could find some nice ms coins in them. I have found about 10 what's in the month I've been trying to do this but they are all pretty worn.

5. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Yes, you most certainly could. I haven't been searching rolls, but I purchased some nice AU 1958 D cents for only $0.10 each at my local coin store.

ddk2881 likes this.
  6. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

On the 1995 Lincoln cent if the "brush strokes" you refer to could be die polishing lines. If there are "brush strokes" on Lincoln's bust or the Memorial building then someone cleaned (or polished) the coin.

7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

From a guy who spent way too much money buying "unsearched" wheat cents by the rolls, I would strongly advise against this. It's all 100% a scam and you will lose big money. MS/BU wheat cents can be found very cheaply, except for earlier dates and lower mintages. Just buy one of what you want from a coin store.

8. ddk2881

ddk2881 Active Member

Thanks for advise. Seamed kind of

Legomaster1 and Seattlite86 like this.
  9. ddk2881

ddk2881 Active Member

They don't seam to be on bust or memorial but on the reverse there is a a long bubble near the top going through letters into the d. Wonder if this is going to happen to all of them.

10. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

All the pre 1982 copper planchet lincolns have a higher probability of living longer in circulation than the zinc core lincolns after they burst and corrode into nothingness over time.

ddk2881, Legomaster1 and Monstermommy like this.
  11. Monstermommy

Monstermommy Active Member

Ive noticed just by the feel of coins in my hand,nearly what decade they are.I love the older ones.Also those"unsearched"rolls...they are not unsearched,its a big fat lie,dont waste your money!

ddk2881 likes this.
  12. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

If you put 10 together of pre and post copper/zinc cents you can feel the distinct weight difference. Also with some early and modern quarters, etc.

Monstermommy likes this.
  13. Monstermommy

Monstermommy Active Member

Also,they make a different sound,when dropped on table,or even jingled in your hand.

Clawcoins likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted