heres 3 coins id like to hear your thoughts about.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by f35musketddo, Aug 4, 2015.

1. f35musketddo

f35musketddo Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg basically what you feel these coins could be. To be specific, Id like to mostly hear your thoughts on estimated value, market value, popularity, potential, or rarity. Anything to shared iwant to heae it lol thanks. I got more ill post later. They get better. image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

2001 Nickel - Environmental damage - face value
    Cent - Plating Bubble - Not a major error
    1990 Dime - Post Mint Damage - face value

4. JBOCON

JBOCON Well-Known Member

Yawn

Endeavor likes this.
  5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

pictures in holder suck.

Total value?

21 cents.

one dime, two nickels & one cent.

mac266 and Endeavor like this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Spend the dime and nickels. Keep the penny just because you can't buy much with a cent these days.

Endeavor likes this.
  7. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Nickel - Heat damage
    Cent - Poke it with a stick. Probably bad plating
    Dime - Damaged

Total value: 16¢

8. f35musketddo

f35musketddo Member

Hahaha atleast knowing i labeled these my bottom of the barrel coins, doesnt make itsuck that much. I was thinking maybe the nickel was planchet error or toning. The penny a cud error or die gauge cause it also looks like some strike dbling. The 10c dime i figured pmd or broadstruck. If u look at the 10c dime on the face forehead to chin, it looks like a ddo?

Ill post some better ones today i need some intel on. Just have to take pics real quick.

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Nope! A 5c dime or a 10c nickel would more likely be a broadstrike.:wacky::wacky::wacky:

Chris

swamp yankee likes this.
  10. Derry

Derry Member

The nickel most likely came from the mall fountain.

11. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

That nickel looks exactly like all the clad coins and nickels I used to pull out of washing machine lint filters. The water and soap change the surfaces to look like that. I have a hand full that I've kept, just haven't photographed them.

Most Likely, but try to pop it..if it pops its a bubble if it doesn't pop I would assume a die gouge

Yuuuup.jpg

swamp yankee and paddyman98 like this.
  12. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

And you know Frank is an accountant :) want him to do your 2015 taxes?

swamp yankee and paddyman98 like this.
  13. Paddy54

So you're a CPA ? See Frank it was a trick question . Maybe word problems aren't your strong point. The KEY to this question is the op stated 3 coins.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    swamp yankee likes this.
  14. Paddy54

Frank try this one....If Martha Washington washed George Washington woolies in Woolite,how many W ' s in all?

15. Paddy54

{Exhibit A} an 1869 S Quarter Posted by none other than Frank across the street at N$. Notice It's in a holder, and what do pictures in holders do? Frank would you tell the Ladies and Gents of the jury is this your coin? Speak up now so everyone can hear you. 1869 S Franks.jpg

16. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Oooooohhhhh, thats funny right there. Its even funnier to those of us that he's castigated for imaging coins in 2x2s...:p

swamp yankee and Paddy54 like this.
  17. f35musketddo

f35musketddo Member

Man what a waste of coin holders if they are irrelevant to numistatics. Atleast i didnt slabem andpresented them in pics that would have been a UUUUHH... YEA. Like that.

Heres another set of coins. These up the level of the first 3 lol. Same thing as with the first 3. Anything you know ud like to share?

The 1972s u see there with the coneca and FS description as a referenced variety holds true to my knowledge so far as i know. I spend 5 or 10 minutes under a 60x loupe checking and confirming all the die markers mentioned in lcr site. Idk how legit that site is but its called lincoln cent resource and i like their layout and site design its easy to search dates there. Some markers for this date if i remember correctly were die scratches on reverse vetween one and cent. The motto. DS ON OBV by spine and near his chin?. Anyways, themost important part is that is a listed variety slapped with a $15k price premium. And mine isnt in that bad of a grade. Maybe au? Or ms? Lol. Am i blowing this out of proportion? Most likely. But this one has all the die markers tho that i can almost assure

18. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

You'll need pictures for the experts to help. Sorry.

19. f35musketddo

f35musketddo Member

20. f35musketddo

f35musketddo Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Same 1972s pics in different snaps. 1982 thrown in there. I hear there is a rare 1982 variety 2 known to exist.highly values and im out to sought after it

21. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I couldn't help but notice that not once but twice, the staples on the right side of the 2 x 2 have been removed. Are we into coin swapping as well? I don't know Frank so I have to ask.

Draft saved Draft deleted