Herennia Etruscilla (249-251 AD), AR Antoninianus, Rome mint, 250 AD, RSC 17, RIC 58b, Sear 9494

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Amit Vyas, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Amit Vyas

Amit Vyas Well-Known Member

Roman Empire: Herennia Etruscilla (249-251 AD), AR Antoninianus, Rome mint, 250 AD, RSC 17, RIC 58b, Sear 9494

Obverse: HER ETRVSCILLA AVG. diademed, draped bust right on crescent

Reverse: PVDICITIA AVG. Pudicitia standing left holding scepter and drawing veil from her face

Her low.jpg

sand, Jims Coins, robinjojo and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

4. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Nice portrait. The pudicitia types of Herennia Etruscilla are by far the most common:

Rom – Herennia Etruscilla, Antoninian, Pudicitia.png
    Herennia Etruscilla, Roman Empire, AR antoninianus, 249–251 AD, Rome mint. Obv: HER ETRVSCILLA AVG; bust of Herennia Etruscilla, diademed, draped, on crescent, r. Rev: PVDICITIA AVG; Pudicitia, draped, veiled, standing l., drawing veil with r. hand, holding sceptre in l. hand. 22mm, 4.13g. Ref: RIC IV Trajan Decius 58.

5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Great coin & toning.

[​IMG]
    Herennia Etruscilla (249 - 253)
    AR Antoninianus
    O: HER ETRVSCILLA AVG Draped bust right on crescent, hair in straight lines with long plait carried up the back of head, stephane in hair.
    R: PVDICITIA AVG Pudicitia, veiled, seated left, drawing veil with right hand, transverse scepter in left.
    23mm
    4.2g
    RIC IV, Part III, 59b (Trajan Decius)

sand, Jims Coins, robinjojo and 5 others like this.
  6. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

nice coin..i sold my antoninianus to Warren back when i 'thought' i was just getting one coin per 9_9..very pivotal women in the scheme of things...i just have this lovely sestertius of her now, the portrait being my favorite :)... IMG_0884.JPG IMG_0883 (1).JPG

7. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

Couple dirty looking places and a scar on her face, but I like it:
    image001.png

sand, Jims Coins, ominus1 and 4 others like this.
  8. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

By dirty looking places do you mean the toning? (Toward the perimeter, lower half of the coin on both sides?) If so, that's not dirt, but toning, which is generally considered a good thing.

9. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

Ya, I know it's not dirt, but it looks dirty to me ;)

Curtis likes this.
  10. robinjojo

robinjojo Well-Known Member

Nice coins!

This is a coin that I purchased back in the early 1990s at a local coin shop in San Jose, CA. I really wasn't looking for this type specifically, but just pawing through a box of mixed ancients. Since that purchase I've sold a good number of coins for various reasons but have kept this one because of the portrait, strike and grade.

Herennia Etruscilla, BI Antoninianus, 250 AD, PVDICITIA AVG, RIC 58b, 5.6 grams.

D-Camera  Herennia Etruscilla, Antoninianus, 250 AD, PVDICITIA AVG, RIC 58b, 5.6 g 11-12-20.jpg

11. Jims Coins

Jims Coins Well-Known Member

EKW-248 OBV.jpg EKW-248 REV.jpg Silver Coin (AR Antoninianus) minted at Rome for HERENNIUS ETRUSCILLA, Wife of TRAJAN DECIUS, between 249 - 251 A.D. Obv. HER.ETRVSCILLA.AVG.: Diad., dr., on crescent r. Rev. PVDICITIA.AVG.: Pudicitia veiled, std. l., with r. hand drawing veil and holding sceptre. RCS #2731. RSCIV #19. RICIV #59b. DVM #5.

Amit Vyas, Bing and Johndakerftw like this.
  12. Orange Julius

Orange Julius Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted