HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by JSully, Feb 18, 2020.

1. JSully

JSully New Member

Throughout the years I have picked up and put away old coins without really giving them a 2nd thought. But here recently I have decided to go through what I have accumulated and have gotten really intrested in wanting to learn more about US coins. I have tons of questions if anybody could spare some time. I have a few that I find interesting ones that certain details stand out from the rest. I've spent hours reading and looking and reading and looking would love some feed back and opinions from some more knowledgeable people

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

you would have to
    (a) post clear pictures of the front and back, full images
    (b) tell us what you think or your question about it

we hope that you've already bought a Red Book about US coins, if what you have is US coins.

4. JSully

JSully New Member

US coins yes, Red Book no. Honestly only heard of this book a few days ago. Sorry new at this 1st time being forum actually

5. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Are you able to easily post images of the coins like @Clawcoins suggested? Clear photos, shot close and parallel to the surface of the coin would be necessary for people to easily ID the coins for you.

6. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

7DA14C65-B80A-4B75-9A33-684F880CA62A.jpeg Welcome to Coin Talk!
    I use this high tech setup with my old iPhone 5s
    Better pictures will help members to guide you better

7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Well, you are at the right place to ask questions. Most of us old geezers have been fondling coins most of our lives. First thing I would do is double down on @Clawcoins suggestion. Run down to the store and pick up a Redbook. Anyone with even the smallest interest in coins needs one of those. They are cheap and easy to read. Post photos & questions at your leisure.

Inspector43 likes this.
  8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. Yes, on getting the Red Book, even a used one as the prices listed are out of date when it is printed. Keep reading and looking and as mentioned, post clear, correctly orientated, cropped photos of obverse and reverse, and then close ups of areas you have questions about. Good luck.

10. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Now I'm hungry for some hot soup :rolleyes:
    Chicken_Noodle_highres.jpg

Hoky77, Heavymetal and Eric Babula like this.
  11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Draft saved Draft deleted