Help with identifying ddo or machine 1964 quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Handy man, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Handy man

Handy man Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SharonG

SharonG Member

I read today that some of the 1964-D coins actually 1956-1964 and 1969-D through 1972-D were made from reverse dies and a variety of the 1964-D quarter occurs with the modified reverse usually found on clad coins. I found quite a few 1964 quarters that looked strange so I pulled them to research. The photos look like some different process happened to this one..Of course I am a Newbie and probably don't know what I am talking about. Good luck..

4. Handy man

Handy man Member

Any help is fine by me I love this sight I learn alto,but still have to come here for advice,due to second guess Lol,thanks alto for the advice I will have to read up on that.

5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Great efforts on photos and arrows to point at what you're looking at. Only issue is the lighting makes it hard to truly see the letters. The light is shining on the parts we need to see. Do you have two lamps you can move around the coin and photograph to reduce the glare? Also, you may have zoomed in a little too far digitally. A camera phone and a 10x loupe right in front of it (with maybe just a little zoom) can take some incredibly clear photos. Give that a shot.

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I don't even know what you are talking about o_O

7. Handy man

Handy man Member

8. Handy man

Handy man Member

Hopefully this pics work Lol thanks everyone.

9. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Machine doubling

coinzip likes this.
  10. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Make sure you check the markers .......

1964 25¢ WDDO-003

Description: A spread towards the center shows on IGWT while a spread towards the rim shows on the 9 in the date.

Die Markers: Obverse: A small die gouge can be found below the left side of the L in LIBERTY. A die crack runs across the base of the bust and into the lower queue. A die crack runs E/W through the upper forehead and into the hair at the top of the head. Reverse: A die crack runs down the eagle’s right wing.

Submitted By: Frank Baumann

Cross References: None known

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seattlite86 and paddyman98 like this.
  11. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

12. Richard Stack

Richard Stack New Member

Now that is a helpful drawing. Thanks for simplifying

13. SharonG

SharonG Member

Finds for me today numerous but 5 cent (V)dated 1897 and a French Centime dated 1916 were fun..Also some Indian head nickels and great Lincolns. Yeomans Red Book offered lots of information. This is fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted