Help with Identification

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by khezzy, May 16, 2018.

1. khezzy

khezzy New Member

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Hoping someone can help me identify the year and identification of this coin/token? It appears to have the Chinese Zodiac on the reverse, but I cant decipher the year or if this is a monetary value coin or a token.

Any help is much appreciated.

-Khezzy

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

I don't think that coin has monetary value...medal or token, possibly a commem

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Correct. Some kind of Asian Zodiac medal.

5. khezzy

khezzy New Member

Yeah, I believe that may be the case. I have done an extensive search for weeks, reviewed coin guides, scoured the internet trying to find info on it and I have come up with nothing. Haven't event found anything similar...

6. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

Agree with others. Zodiac token of some sort.

spirityoda likes this.
  7. khezzy

khezzy New Member

Does anyone have any ideas how I may go about identifying this token? I tried Coinscope app, internet images, Chinese coin websites, and come up with nothing. Would hate to send to NGC to find out its a fake or worse...

-K

8. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

By 'internet images', do you mean Google images? Google has a thing where you can upload an image, and it will search for any images online that match it. I've never used it, but know of people who have. That may help you.

9. khezzy

khezzy New Member

So this was an excellent idea that I had not tired, as I didn't know you could do this, but Google thought is was a Morgan, lol. So no dice, back to square 1. *Sigh*

-K

10. THCoins

THCoins Well-Known Member

11. khezzy

khezzy New Member

Bingo! Nice work THC. Ok this helps greatly. Thank you for your help with this.

-K

Draft saved Draft deleted