HELP WITH FB / FT designation of a 1961 S 10c

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Mark Morris, May 20, 2018.

1. Mark Morris

Mark Morris Active Member

1961 S Dime rev4.jpg 1961S 10c rev1.jpg 1961S Dime rev2.jpg 1961 S rev3.jpg Opinions please

Found this in a Set... It is still in the Mint Cellophane with all the other coins but i would appreciate another set of eyes with regards to the FB torch lines. do they qualify as Full or no? 1961S 10c rev1.jpg 1961S Dime rev2.jpg 1961 S rev3.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Your dime is a proof. It is likely that all of the proofs possess a full torch, and carry no premium.

Paddy54 likes this.
  4. Mark Morris

Its not about the value. I understand what you are saying though. I am concerned about the band. To me it looks like they do not go all the way meeting the guidelines for for full band or full torch but thats why i asked for opinions.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It appears that they do not on the far left ( photo), but there are seemingly different acceptance levels between various grading companies.

6. Mark Morris

Thank You

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

FYI:
    there were no 1961 S coins minted

8. Mark Morris

I know... It is a proof made in Philly. I posted and a reply had already been made by the time i realized my error. I could not edit the post at that point, i was tired and i kept adding photos.

9. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

10. Mark Morris

It was my first post, i was tired. I added lots of pictures but did not do quality control. As for the Mint. Philly made the proofs until 1968 when from there on it has been San Francisco (s) and occasionally West Point (w). I made the mistake of saying it was an S coin out of habit. I know better, just my own personal lack of QC.

11. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Mark, you were tired, you acted out of unthinking habit, and with personal lack of QC. You may have learnt a lesson now, that when feeling like a sloppy rag isn't the best time to do important, or even unimportant, business. Unless you get kicks out of making mistakes !!!

12. Mark Morris

To error is human... And i am happy to admit i make them... Humans do NOT learn from being perfect, we learn from making mistakes. So i am assuming that you have never learned anything. Please move along...

Cheech9712 likes this.
  13. Bert Gedin

To err is human, as we all know. But to invite human error is folly. Moving along now.

14. Mark Morris

Your quotes have no meaning... They were never intended to teach me anything or inspire me! They had only one goal... To put me down for a mistake i had already admitted and to show that you believe you are superior.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  15. Bert Gedin

Your first post was better than your last post.

16. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Mark Morris likes this.
  17. Cheech9712

Love your skull

18. Cheech9712

Awwww shucks

19. Cheech9712

Bert. Nit picking only shows your a nit picker

Bud1 Wilson likes this.
  20. Mark Morris

LOL... Missing mint mark, beat that... bad O photo...
    1961 SMS Dime 6.jpg

21. Bert Gedin

Cheech9712 - None of my nits have ever complained. Except, maybe, on this page !

Draft saved Draft deleted