Help with dime

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Gwod Phrienz, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Gwod Phrienz

Gwod Phrienz Member

Wow! Help!! I found this dime and it has a lot going on. Can someone comment on it please!! These are two different dimes, please note! It looks to me like the first dime, which looks like a 201/3/4.. or something, was punched through. The second one, ( head only) looks like an aged old man, but there are lots of doubling especially on the "L" of Liberty, the "B", the "T" the "W" in We, the string "S" in Trust, the "8" in 1968 and all around the rim's edge. I really can't list all of the irregularities about this coin.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I don't see anything on the 1968, the other dime is too beat up to say whether anything is there or not. It is hard enough to say that it is a 2014.

4. Gwod Phrienz

Gwod Phrienz Member

5. Gwod Phrienz

Gwod Phrienz Member

May be you are right, but the coin looks like it was in a die that another dime was pressed in, there are lots of imagery of another dime present, like ...05 dime, or some other coin, 1965, not sure what all of that stuff is. If you looked on the obverse, just under the chin of the President, there are lots of stuff going on, after the words, "In God we Trust" Now look on the reverse.....There are loads of letter, words and figures.... This is a very unusual coin, let alone a dime.

Draft saved Draft deleted