Help with coin identity and possible error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by justyn p, Oct 16, 2021.

1. justyn p

justyn p Active Member

B4335DFA-1A72-4485-9F3B-88F1A24425FD.jpeg 74080B8B-6D07-4484-ABFC-66D24202E329.jpeg 612D94D1-C47F-4445-8E59-564C9AFB769B.jpeg CBE45E6E-3456-4F30-BCE9-3CFAD6A4F276.jpeg need some help with the coin pics attached apologies iPhone pics I’m away for the weekend and found it whilst walking. Is it a 2 Baht and what’s the lump / blister on the guys head ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Thanks for the ID, @JeffC. I could've come up with that, but it would've taken me a little while.

As to the "blisters", they're some sort of deposit on the coin, I think. Solder? Something like that. Whatever they are, I'm fairly confident they're post-mint (damage) and not any kind of error. You've also got some blue paint or ink residue on there, obviously. If you felt like it, you could try acetone for removing that, though I doubt that would remove the "blisters".

JeffC likes this.
  5. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

When I was doing inventory of my hand-me-down collection (which I'm still doing) and came across Thai or Middle Eastern coins, it always took me awhile to (a) identify the year, by looking up and matching each number in the foreign symbols, and then (b) converting that year into our Gregorian calendar. I wanted to do that for this coin, but I decided to eat Tiramisu instead.

6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I'll take a bite of Tiramisu over "squinting at the squigglies and scratching my head" any day. ;)

JeffC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted