Help with Alexander Drachm

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Kentucky, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

OK, scanning ebay (dangerous, I know) I ran across a great deal and rather than wait for the good advice I always get from the mavens here, I jumped on it. My reasoning was that 1) if it is authentic, it's a good deal and 2) if it isn't, I can open a case with ebay and potentially remove a fake from the marketplace...now with that lead-in, the dealer is in Austria and here is the photos he posted...
    alex.jpg

Please comment

randygeki and ominus1 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

I see no reason to suspect the coin and the dealer is one I've purchased from before(Ars Coin Wien) and believe to b but I suspect it was a pricing error and they will cancel the sale. I found your listing where the coin was purchased for €25(which would have been an excellent deal) but this same coin is also listed at €250 here.

ominus1 and Kentucky like this.
  4. Kentucky

WOW...I thought it looked good. If they cancel, I won't argue. If they ship it, should I return it???

5. Kentucky

Moral dilemma averted...they canceled. Reason given
    "We are sorry to let you know that arscoinwien cancelled your order and mentioned the cancelled reason as I'm out of stock or the item is damaged"

ominus1 likes this.
  6. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

O well, good eye tho kentuck..:)

Kentucky likes this.
  7. Kentucky

Yeah, they also sent an e-mail and fessed up that they had mis-priced it.

ominus1 likes this.
  8. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

well, that was only right and honorable of them to do that...the other excuses sounds more like auto-ebay bulls&^%t.. keep lookin' tho :)

Kentucky likes this.
  9. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

The sale was canceled for "I'm out of stock or the item is damaged" but actually the sale was canceled because they forgot a zero. Can a buyer cancel because "I have too many or I don't want it any more"?

I'm not trying to blast the seller or eBay. I get it. Personally I think it to be good from if they offered you a discount or credit on another item.

Kentucky likes this.
  10. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

Yes, the buyer can if there was a mistake... I've had to do it once last year. Accidentally added an extra zero.

Kentucky likes this.
  11. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I'm in the mood so I'll bite...;)

Not out of stock and not damaged. Very cut and dry.

I understand the mistake but I don't like the seller's way out of it. It is nice to know they contacted the buyer and said why it was cancelled.

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted