Help with a Error Note Please

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Dimefreak, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Hi,
    My knowledge in notes leaves a lot to be desired. I was just wondering what a note like this would be valued at?This is my first Error and my first circulated note. I know its not in the best shape and I am not intending on selling but I want to write in my book its round abouts value. Thanks

I bought it today for $20....Dealer said he didnt know the value.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

That's a nice one! Combining two errors in one note..... in that condition, I would probably go as high as $75 or maybe more depending on the thickness of my wallet at buying time.:D

4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I agree with ikandiggit. You can also search the "completed auctions" on eBay for similar notes, or visit the HUGE Gregg Anderson error note auction coming up at Lynn Knight.

5. Dimefreak

Dimefreak Senior Member

Okay so it IS two Errors? I wasn't sure if the mis cut caused the serial number to be off.Me and the dealer had a debate about it. LOL. Well than I think I did pretty good! I am pleased!

6. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Yes, two errors on this bill. One is the offset of the note and the serial numbers. The other is a cutting error since you can see part of another bill on the right side.

7. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

No, there's only one error here, a misaligned second print (face intaglio printing). The back printing, the serials and seals, and the cutting are all properly aligned relative to one another; it's only the second print that's shifted.

Still a pretty neat note, though. :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted