Help with a Couple 82D Pennies

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Morris A Acuff, Jan 20, 2019.

1. I have a Couple 82 D pennies that I'm having Trouble Determining Large or Small Date. On One The 2 is Damaged . The other is possible doubling? The 8 and 2 are Thick and uneven. It is the bottom left coin in picture of 4.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

All Large Date.. Even the Cent with the damaged Mint Mark

Hookman and Morris A Acuff like this.
  4. Thanks much. I was pretty certain of the others. Just couldnt figure out those 2.

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It's easy to tell once you recognize the shapes of the 2.
    1982-varieties-revised.jpg

Morris A Acuff and Hookman like this.
  6. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

There is a slight difference in the distance of 2 from the rim on the small date . And A thickened WE TRUST ~igwt~on the large date with a crisp early die state WE TRUST on the small date. But with the 2 scratched off i would not pass for a small date without controversy and the presence of EDS.here's a 10 year old thread explaining die state https://www.cointalk.com/threads/di...ie-from-first-strike-to-terminal-state.59262/

Morris A Acuff likes this.
  7. Regarding the lower left penny in picture of 4, is the thickness of numbers and the doubling on base of 2 , lower circle of 8 and D all due to Die Deterioration? Just trying to educate myself a little.

Attached Files:

8. Regarding the lower left penny in picture of 4, is the thickness of numbers and the doubling on base of 2 , lower circle of 8 and D all due to Die Deterioration? Just trying to learn

Draft saved Draft deleted