Help with a 1784 Denmark 2 Skilling

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Bambam8778, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I've been researching this coin and would like anyones help or advice who is knowledgeable with this coin.https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces42563.html
    If you take a look at the lettering that is supposed to be on the 1784, you have two choices, 1 is a DCL or a CHL. Either way, these seem extremely rare. The one I have as you can see in the photos isn't even listed and has the letters H.I.A.B. The A even looks doubled to me. Is this type even rarer than the other two? Any idea on value? Any information would be greatly appreciated. IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0102.JPG IMG_0100.JPG IMG_0101.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

It is not the CHL.... so it has to be the DCL. KM#631.4, .3430 silver.
    from my 2002 18th century Krause world coin catalog 3rd edition...
    grade/values..

VG-$2.25 F-$5.50 VF-$11.50 XF-$30.00
    Not sure what your coins grade is ?
    These prices are probably low.

Bambam8778 likes this.
  4. Bambam8778

The reason I am questioning it is because of your first sentence. Both the CHL and DCL are clearly on the front of those coins and where those letters should be on my coin, there is a H.I.A.B. and that is where my confusion or lack of knowledge on this coin comes in.

5. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

spirityoda and Bambam8778 like this.
  6. Bambam8778

That's it! That would be why I couldn't find anything on the Denmark one I thought it was! :) Well at least I know! Maybe in-between a Fine & lower end of VF? I'll hold on to this one none the less!

spirityoda likes this.
  7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Bambam8778 likes this.
  8. Bambam8778

What do you think on that "A" though. Doubling?

9. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Coins of this era weren't precise like we expect now. I can't say if it's doubling, but if it is there's probably no special premium attached. They were just more crude in design and execution.

Draft saved Draft deleted