Help with 1955 penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Caleb J Franklin, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Caleb J Franklin

Caleb J Franklin New Member

My father recently passed away and left a couple boxes of coins. Lots of really great coins and some really interesting stuff.
    I do not know much about them but I found one I want like to get more I formation on if anyone can help.
    Looks like a 1955 D with a memorial half stamped on the front and wheat half stamped on the back. Is this something that can actually happen? 20190111_132044.jpg 20190111_132038.jpg 20190111_132038.jpg 20190111_132044.jpg 20190111_132038.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

looks like damage, but wait for more opinions...

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

damage, a squeeze job, with a Memorial cent.
    As is worth one cent, consider it damaged

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Damaged by someone with too much time on their hands. The distortion (out of round) shows this damage, plus there would have been no Memorial cent dies anywhere at the Mint at the time the wheat was made.

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

You can guess that it is damaged because it looks slightly elongated.

If it's being minted it's in a Collar and that would not happen. If the collar wasn't there then you get a different type of looking error.

It's looks like what happens if you have a round piece of dough and push a rolling pin in the middle.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

They took another Cent and squeezed them together with lot's of pressure. It will create what you have... As stated, there were no Memorial Reverse Cents when your Wheat back Cent was minted.

8. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

PMD (post minting damage) not an error.

Draft saved Draft deleted